Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it OK to bring kitchen knives through Auckland customs?

Quote Originally Posted by veronica View Post
    enlighten me please, whats a mat knife and why does your friend feel its ok/or need to carry one when flying.
    The only thing I miss being able to carry on with me are nail scissors, but I now just take an emery board.
    I think it started just by having the mat knife is his bag my mistake. He does a number of engineering things and the knife is just his "swiss knife" type of generic tool. An european living in the US for a long time, no surprise he wants to experiment with the security circus.

I wouldn't do it. I just want pass through smoothly. But it doesn't mean I agree with everything what's happening and how things are done. The circus folks think more about their own power than making flying smooth AND safe.

Red face

I too was amazed about the internal security in New Zealand - I flew from Tauranga to Auckland and did not have my hand luggage or myself checked - I just couldn't understand it, any ideas?

http://www.caa.govt.nz/passengers/passengers.htm and the domestic passenger screening PDF would indicate that screening is required in NZ only for domestic flights with more than 90 seats. All the domestic turbo-props AirNZ has fall under this limit.

A bit old document, though..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123