Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeated Urinalysis issues.

Unhappy Repeated Urinalysis issues.

For y'll , who hasnt read my old threads, the first paragraph tells a bit.

Our CO recently requested us to send few more docs, and a repeated Urinalysis for me, as there was some trace of blood. The doctor did mention he has no significant findings or issues in the Medical form. But the CO asked me to go thru another Urinalysis. Also, he asked me to have the doc/nurse measure my waist( as i havent filled up that column in the medicals form) and have it sent to him along with the Urinalysis findings. The CO also did mention that he has completed his full assessment and he just need those few docs to close the case.

So .. I had the Urinalysis repeated, but it came out with the same result( with some blood in it ). Hence our Primary doc referred me to an Urologist. Urologist asked a bunch of questions, analysed medical history and prescribed me a Scan and Cystoscopy

Turns out I always had some micro blood in the Urine, but none of the doctors I visited so far expressed any concern.!!!!!! This was told by my urologist as she pulled up my previous medical records. I never saw the reports of my previous general check up visits myself, usually the nurse calls back, only if there are any abnormalities in the tests. I am still wondering why none of them bothered to warn me. It was a great shock when my Urologist told that she is concerned, coz all my previous tests came up with blood in it. And, in all these chaos the nurse measured my waist and recorded. Its fine though. Well within the 88 cms.

If we were warned about this earlier, we could have fixed this by now, and saved some time. And money. And some sanity.

These apart, am really scared about the Procedure itself. The procedure, the post procedure suffering, and complications etc., The Cystoscopy is scheduled on May 19 th. ( I know it is definetly not as painful as passing a baby out, but still... ) Doc said they wont be giving any anesthesia, and not to expect wonders from the local anesthetic that they are using. Am so very scared ...am digging way too much about this thing in google, only to be more depressed and scared. I m thinking am distracting myself from all these, and started snacking often..and then realised that I am finding comfort thru food.

Hope I dont grow my waist bigger, and go up in the BMI scale. ( Although I have to be really really depressed, and extremely unhappy to put on so much by over eating..!! ) They say Shopping is another way to go, other than eating . But we have some big bills lined up after the medical procedures are over, so I have to sit tight.

Any of you ladies (or men) out there gone thru similar stuff ? Can any of you share your views, or tips for post procedure care ? I read a previous post on the same issue and ladies out there sugest not to worry, and so do the internet info. But to rule out something serious, i have to go thru this ouchie-procedure. My OH doesnt like whining, and he doenst know me as a whiny wife. He asks me often If am doing Ok, and I do reply him that am doing just fine, but I actually am whining inside like a baby. I only wish, all these pain bear some fruit at the end.

I scrolled back and just realised how lengthy and whiny my post sounds.( Well, i did deliberately though..) I wil stop it here.

Gimme hugs....

Spk
    Last edited by peekaboo; 5th May 2010 at 09:59 AM.

(((((())))))) I hope everything turns out right. I once had a urinary catheter put in without even a local anesthetic when my urethra was swollen shut- it hurt momentarily but the relief afterwards was so great it I'm glad it was done.

Try going for walks and cycles instead of eating or shopping. It's much healthier and then your waist will be much less likely to go up.

Hi there,
    (((hugs))), I hope everything falls in place. Initially it does seem to be a mountain but as time goes by, you will have clearer picture. Take one thing at a time (it helped our application process), nothing that we could change but looking at it from different perspective helped to keep our sanity.

I'm not too sure about your report but when my OH had got her medicals, she did have abnormal findings in urinalysis (basically as the test was conducted close to her periods), later on we got the test done again and results were fine. Initially the nurse did advice us that urine sample would not be accurate but we were just restless. Just check if this is similar to what you might have done.

Otherwise, there's nothing we can change in this whole process and MA referral does slow down bring down all excitement to ground zero. Just keep positive and take each day as it comes. With regards to BMI, just control the diet and if possible just try to jot down a workout schedule (but still diet will be first priority)

Someone with more specific & similar case to yours will bump here soon.

Cheers

@ dilanium

If its something like a catheter, then I can bear with the pain, coz I had it done few times. But the cystoscope probe is a bit bigger and rigid it seems. I am much scared about the aftermath and possible complications.

And, I think its my bad girl-side thats talking about snacking... I do go to gym 3,4 times a week.. and go on bike trails often.. Its just that the long wait, and being away from family ( parents and sister ) is demotivating me, and I am sitting infront of the computer and phone for longer stretches( to co-ordinate the hospital and lab visits etc), I end up searching my pantry to munch on something, while I'm browsing.. I will catch up and burn those brownies I had today..Thanks for the nudge

I will still pitch my OH for a brief shopping, when my he arrives home today !!!

Thanks for the hugs as well ... Will keep posted.

@ Suneil

Thanks for the Hugs. !!!

The first time around, that was the reason I had blood in the urine, and the Doc has also mentioned it in the form, and also added he has no concerns. This time, I got it done on a safer day , much away from those dates. It again came up with some trace of blood in it. Also, the Urologist is concerned, coz all my previous Urinalysis done around different times had blood( just that we werent aware ).

I also had a CT scan last year for a different reason, which turned out to be perfectly normal.ie kidneys etc look fine from the outside. The CT scan cant show the inner view of the bladder , Urethra etc., it seems, and Cystoscopy is the only way to have a look inside those organs to rule out anything serious. So the doc said I have no choice, but to undergo this procedure . And i know that, the NZIS wont take Oh-im-so-scared for an excuse. So I am crossing my fingers and waiting for this to be over.

yeah yeah.. I know am being a bad girl about snacking etc., I will try and stay motivated. We do eat healthy..and workout diligently.. just that i am sitting idle for the past 1 week or so, calling hospitals and insurance company, worrying too much about the stuff, and fell for the satan ( i mean brownie, cookies etc ) I am far away from the waist circum and BMI thresholds, but if i dont keep myself together, im gonna see few more pounds on my scale soon... I dont wanna share this yikes-news with my parents/sister back home and make them worried. Thats another reason I feel so heavy at heart (that i cant share it with them)

Thanks for the suggestions.. I will take ur advice on diet, especially . Will keep you updated.

Cheers
    Spk

Try not to base too many of your concerns regarding cystoscopy on what you find on google!

Rigid cystoscopy is only undertaken under a general anaesthetic (I have 2 scheduled for my list on Monday). Flexible cystoscopy is done as an outpatient with local anaesthetic jelly to aid the passage of the cystoscope.

How will it feel? Well it won't be the most pleasant experience in the world! However it really shouldn't be painful. It may be uncomfortable (similar to a catheter being passed) and you may have the feeling that you are desperate for a wee. Sometimes you can feel some lower abdominal discomfort if your bladder is distended during the procedure. Generally it is tolerated extremely easily and after the procedure aside from possibly feeling a little sore (and maybe feeling like you need a wee more frequently than normal) you shouldn't have any problems.

Without knowing your age or anything else regarding your medical history I can't be more reassuring about the probable cause but mostly a little blood in the urine can be related to recent infection, recent exercise, menstruation - and is unlikely to be serious in someoen who's otherwise young, fit and healthy with normal kidney blood tests.

I hope everything comes up normal for you and that it goes OK. Good luck!

@ KatieBen

Thanks for the post. Its very reassuring to hear it from a person like you.. I think I have taken it too much into my head. Its true that I based my assumptions from google, and just wanted to focus my mind on something else, so stayed away from the computer for a while.. I just checked your post, and much releived now. I am taking it lighter these days, and not thinking much about it.

I am 26 years old, I never had any UTIs or any kidney related issues. The lab sample was not taken around my periods either. My husband is guessing that, its due to my poor water intake. I am a very bad water drinker. I drink water only at the gym when am working out, I pretty much stay without drinking any water during other times. Could it be a possible cause ?

Anyways..thanks again for the post. Will keep you updated about the test.

And I am very glad to see that you are loving it all the time there !!!! ( from your signature)

Cheers
    Spk
    Last edited by peekaboo; 12th May 2010 at 08:41 AM.

Default All is well

Update:-

Had my tests ( Ultrasound-Renal and Cystoscopy ) this afternoon. Wasnt that bad, but no fun either. Results turned out to be normal .. Big relief..!!

Now all we got to do is, run behind the hopsital guys and get the reports, and send it along with couple of other docs by next week.

Thanks y'all for the words of comfort..

Cheers
    Spk
    Last edited by peekaboo; 20th May 2010 at 01:24 PM.

I'm glad everything turned out normal!

Great news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast