Thread: Taking Dogs to NZ

Default Taking Dogs to NZ

Hi,

Sorry to keep asking questions but I'm madly trying to organise everything at the moment.

We have already had quotes for taking our two dogs from Petair, Jets4Pets, Golden Arrow and Passport4Pets.

Can anyone recommend any others (preferably that include all the vets tests etc). Also has anyone had good/bad experience of any of the above?

Many thanks.

Hi April

Mine are going with Golden Arrow. I can't comment upon them personally but can just say that everyone who has used them has said to me that they were very happy with their service. I hope that they are right!

We used Golden Arrow, and they were really good.

We had lots of help prior to leaving with sorting out the paperwork etc, they looked after our dog well prior to her leaving the UK and she arrived fit and well in NZ.

Hi April, we used Par Air to bring our Cocker Spaniel (picture!) over. They were very good especially as they were dealing with my mum in the UK as we were already over in NZ. It does get a bit tight with deadlines for tests etc but they were very good and kept my mum informed all the way. Even calling her when the guy had dropped Merlin (the dog!) off to Heathrow and saying he was ok.
    It was soo good to pick him up from Auckland - he was ok and wagging his tail just very hungry as they don't feed them. After 30 hours in his crate he looked much better than we did after our flight!!!!

Claire

Golden Arrow. They collected our dogs, kept them for 4 weeks, organised all the vet tests and kept us informed of everything even once we arrived in NZ without them. Dogs arrived in excellent health. Would highly recommend them.

We didn't bring any pets with us but I've only ever seen very good & complimentary reports about Golden Arrows service.

Good luck with your move.
    Anneliese

We used Golden Arrow - I did a thread about this and collecting them from the airport. Very helpful, genuinely interested and concerned about the welfare of our dogs, and by far the most reasonable quote.

This is a bit off the topic, but we just spent a harrowing weekend getting our dogs (a 6-year old Labradoodle and a 1-year old Sheltie) out of Beijing and into a sort of doggie daycare situation in Seoul to sit out the 150-day waiting period before they can start their 30-day quarantine in NZ. The Chinese really make dog ownership a hassle, and in fact it was partly because of this that we started looking at moving out of the country (we're US citizens), but as bad as owning dogs is in the city, it's a piece of cake compared to flying out of here with dogs! Despite having reserved space for the dogs on the flight, the Chinese airline refused to take them, and it was only my showing up with signs of having obviously been an emotional wreck that the people at Korean Airlines took us on the flight without any prior notification.

Happily, the situation in Seoul was far better than I could have ever imagined. The vet took great care of us, and the kennel looks beautiful, and since they cater to expats, I have no fear of the famous Korean fondness for dogs as food. It'll be terrible to spend the next 147 days apart from them, but this gives us time to get our house sorted out in NZ and prepare a huge welcome for them!

I hope it all goes well for you - I couldn't bear the thought of being apart from them for so long - poor old you - about three days is my limit.