Thread: Checking your application online

Default Checking your application online

how do, all

I couldn't find anything about this on the forum already - at least not recently, and last time I asked we never really got anywhere - so thought I should share..

While some visa types seem to automatically get online access to their INZ progress info (I believe there's a ticky box on some forms?), those of us applying by other routes - e.g. family visas - don't hear much about it.

In fact the Online Help seems to say we're not part of the club In fact it seems to say that most applicants aren't...

How do I check my application status online?

An online enquiry is a new service available to visitor, student and work permit applicants, who have submitted their applications in New Zealand, which may enable you to view the current status of your application on our website, provided that the function has been activated on the application (by completing the relevant section in the application form).

<snip>

If you have submitted an online application (eg. Working Holiday or Expression of Interest) your online account is already set up - you need to log back in to the Online Services page from where your application was submitted and click on "What's Happening" link. Your application status will be displayed on this page.
    (my emphasis)

Anyway, the wonderful Trendynana discovered the true path to salvation, um, I mean, obsession by clicking "Ask A Question" (also in Online Help) and, well, asking. You don't ask, you don't get. I followed her lead and bam! I gots me a login!

Thank you, Trendynana, for you have given me another outlet for my need to check up on stuff with whizzy internet doohickeys

And to anyone else who'd like to check such things online rather than waiting for emails or letters and thought they were ineligible, go forth!

Last edited by sophiedb; 1st June 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Unhappy Too good to be true...

Well Booooo at the NZIS... I asked and was told:

"An online enquiry is a new service available to visitor, student and work permit applicants, who have submitted their applications in New Zealand, which may enable you to view the current status of your application on our website, provided that the function has been activated on the application (by completing the relevant section in the application form). When this service is activated by the officer who received your application, an automatic email is generated and sent to your nominated email address. The email contains instructions on setting up your personal homepage, through which you will be able to track the progress of your application/s with Immigration New Zealand."

No login for me - I'll have to wait the old fashioned way..

That doesn't make sense. Trendynana and Sophie have both got their applications in in the UK. It sounds as if the right hand at NZIS doesn't know what the left hand's doing.

What JandM said!

The text you have there looks like whoever answered your question copied and pasted from the online help directory (see the first post in this thread for some of the text and a link to its origin).

Maybe click "Ask A Question" again and see if you get the same numpty twice??

I followed advice given by Trendynana and Sophie only a few days ago. I merely asked online help to assist, giving my application details. They set me up with a PIN number and account 2 days later. I suggest that it is worth trying again.
    Tom

After the diversion of asking the question there comes the next diversion of logging on to NZIS at all hours of the day and night to check...at least it killed time though logging on every 5 minutes after the interview was possibily just a little obsessive

Hope that it helps you to while away some time Sophie and others while the wheels turn slowly....

I've had an online account ever since I applied for a working holiday visa 3 years ago...everything I've since applied for has gone onto the same account, including my current residence application.