Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pubs/Bars showing World Cup (live) in Welly

Default Pubs/Bars showing World Cup (live) in Welly

As the title says, looking for any pubs showing the World Cup, and not just an 'as live' later in the day - specifically England games.

I don't have sky, but do have a freesat set up, which gives me access to Aussie SBS channels - which are showing it - but reception has been temperamental recently...

I think the matches are being shared between TV One and Maori TV; something like that.

I'm guessing that the Four Kings will have most games. The Sports bar too.

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    I think the matches are being shared between TV One and Maori TV; something like that.
    No, he means the proper World Cup

I know this is a rugby nation, but considering we're actually participating in this world cup, there's a complete lack of any build up here. The All Whites are getting some coverage in the sports pages, but I haven't seen anywhere selling All Whites tops, and there's no evidence of a cheesy World Cup song.
    Last edited by bluesky; 2nd June 2010 at 09:48 AM.

The first England game (vs USA) is live on TV1

"TV ONE is broadcasting 11 games LIVE including all of the All Whites games, one second round game, two quarter finals, both semi finals, 3rd v 4th play-off and the World Cup Final... TVNZ 7 is carrying 11 games LIVE and will screen full replays of all 22 games. Highlights screen at 6:10pm every day of tournament play. TVNZ 7 simulcasts on Freeview channel 7 & Sky TV channel 97"

http://tvnz.co.nz/2010-fifa-world-cu...atches-3469491

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    No, he means the proper World Cup

I know this is a rugby nation, but considering we're actually participating in this world cup, there's a complete lack of any build up here. The All Whites are getting some coverage in the sports pages, but I haven't seen anywhere selling All Whites tops, and there's no evidence of a cheesy World Cup song.
    Don't start that again! ....but you are right...they are already auditioning for not one not two but a third Rugby WC song whiclt the All Whites have to make do with the age old ' All Whites (clap)(clap)(clap)'

Right now I'm buzzing about the proper World Cup.....any thoughts on the squads announced? I think Walcott was extremely unlucky - taken last time with not a hope of playing, and missed out this time. I agree with the others though - Bent is no international striker, Johnsons time will come...same goes for Dawson. Think Baines is a better player than Warnock but he looked way short of the mark against Mexico...let's hope Ashley Cole doesn't get injured.

Other omisions are intersting - Luca Toni - The Italians are going with in form players from their own league.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow View Post
    Bent is no international striker
    And Heskey is?

Yes - could we have a list of these places so I know which ones to avoid please...!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere selling All Whites tops
    They only went on sale a month ago, and they're in extremely short supply because Nike didn't make enough. They also cost a fortune. I paid $150.

So that'll work out at $50 per game as they'll only play 3 before heading home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast