Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dehumidifier

Default Dehumidifier

I'm sure this will post will creat a thread of: "Get double glazed windows" or "Why don't you just open a window"? responses...

But: portable dehumidifiers might perhaps be the greatest invention of all time. My toothbrush was dry this morning for the first time since we moved here!

This fine dehumidifier/heater combination is half price until the end of today at Farmers. http://salefinder.co.nz/Home_and_Fas..._Heater/195711

PS: We're renting a place at the moment, and I do not have much desire to improve the property for the landlord...

PPS: I would open a window, except it's fricken cold outside...

Oh, yes, once my son's Kiwi in-laws explained about those, using them was a revelation in the house we rented.

Quote Originally Posted by 72andsunny View Post
    But: portable dehumidifiers might perhaps be the greatest invention of all time.
    That is incorrect - they are the 2nd greatest invention of all time. The #1 spot belongs to the electric blanket

They work well as long as you keep the indoor temperature above 10C. Drier air also means it's easier/faster to heat, and results in lower power bills. Over winter my heater seldom come on without the dehumidifier running as well (at the opposite ends of the room).

Great for drying laundry indoors too, especially useful when we get 2 weeks of rain in a row...

Thanks for the link, do you have one of those dehumidifiers yourself? Is it OK quality?

We just bought a dehumidifier a few weeks ago and it has made a HUGE difference in how our place feels. The heater we have is now able to easily warm our place whereas before it was having a hard time keeping up.

It seemed like a rather expensive option when we first looked into buying onow but it has proved to be worth it.

we've just invested in a dehumidifier too, mainly because there was no where to dry the clothes since it started raining. Thank goodness it works as the washing was beginning to pile up! :-)

We've been having this debate in our house for the last week as we don't have a heater yet and I am having a tricky time getting clothes dry. I was considering a dehumidifier to help with drying clothes. Hubby is begging for a heater, but I've been resisting as it hasn't been too cold yet here in BoP and I've been fine with some extra layers. But I think I can only resist for so long. LOL The model you mentioned sounds like something very useful. I clicked the link, but there wasn't a heater there, so could you maybe provide some more info on it such as brand, model and other details. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PonyGirl View Post
    We've been having this debate in our house for the last week as we don't have a heater yet and I am having a tricky time getting clothes dry. I was considering a dehumidifier to help with drying clothes. Hubby is begging for a heater, but I've been resisting as it hasn't been too cold yet here in BoP and I've been fine with some extra layers. But I think I can only resist for so long. LOL The model you mentioned sounds like something very useful. I clicked the link, but there wasn't a heater there, so could you maybe provide some more info on it such as brand, model and other details. Thanks!!!
    Hi Pony Girl I think that the link to the dehumidfyer is one that has a built in heater so you're basically getting two for the price of one.

I myself bought on a couple of a months ago (wothout heater in built) and I so couldn't live without it now. It's got a teamprature gage on it and just by turning the thing on I can raise the temprature in the room by 3 or 4 degrees. I managed to get away without buying a heater for a lot longer. Even now the heater is only on for a couple of hours a day as the dehumidifyer does a great job on it's own really.

ps. Although I'm in Auckland I have the coldest room in the house that get's very little sun thanks so some well placed trees so both the dehumidifyer and the heater were a must or you could just smell the damp in the air.
    Last edited by Margarita; 3rd June 2010 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah, I am interested in the combo unit, but when I clicked the link there wasn't any information on it there. It just went to the main page. I think the two in one might be a good option for us. Just need to get some info on it so I can find the best deal.

Thankfully our house gets full sun all day, well at least when it is out.

I was considering a dehumidifier to help with drying clothes.
    It really works well for this. Also, running one in the bedroom for 30-40 minutes before going to bed makes the room feel warmer even if not running a heater in there as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast