Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family coming for a visit... what goodies to request?

Default Family coming for a visit... what goodies to request?

Well, almost 4 months in and we're getting our first visitors from the US. My Dad and Step-Mom will be arriving at the end of the month and my SM has asked if we wanted anything brought over. She once brought canned tuna fish to my brother who lives in another part of the US because she got a good deal so I could pretty much ask for anything. My Dad will complain, but he'll live

I've already ordered some jeans and am having them sent to her since mine are going all hole-y. I'm requesting a dish drainer mat, and chocolate chips (the ones here are so tiny and my husband is craving a good gooey choc chip cookie).

I feel like there's not really much we need or want specifically from the US, but I hate to miss the opportunity if I forget something... so what would YOU ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeansGo View Post
    ... so what would YOU ask for?
    those big value-size bottles of ibuprofen/tylenol/vitamins/etc

Magic Erasers & Swiffers. God I miss those!

We also had Redken shampoo liters sent down as it was so much cheaper. Other food items that we asked for were graham crackers, applesauce, ranch dressing, and grape jelly.

Good question! Ding dongs, ring dings, snowballs (the chocolate ones covered in pink coconut), Pillsbury choc chip cookie dough that you just slice and bake, Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, boxes and boxes of mallomars.
    Have a great visit with your Dad and Step-Mom!

Kraft macaroni and cheese
    I find more things all the time that I know weren't around when we first moved here but other than the instant packs that isn't yet one of them (at least on the south island, but then we're late to get things).

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Ding dongs, ring dings .... boxes and boxes of mallomars.
    You're just making stuff up there, aren't you? How about some squoodles and split splats too, of course with a nice order of guerzels on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky View Post
    You're just making stuff up there, aren't you? How about some squoodles and split splats too, of course with a nice order of guerzels on the side.
    This was hilarious! I wondered the same thing - I'm still in the states and hadn't ever heard of Mallomars (figured it was just where I live!)

Amy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Good question! Ding dongs, ring dings, snowballs (the chocolate ones covered in pink coconut), Pillsbury choc chip cookie dough that you just slice and bake, Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, boxes and boxes of mallomars.
    Have a great visit with your Dad and Step-Mom!
    I must be either 1) real old or 2) a foodie because I TOTALLY know all of the things that you are talking about!!!

What I would ask for:
    makeup-mascara and foundation in particular
    Herdez salsa
    books/dvds
    ibuprofen
    Reeses peanut butter cups
    Halls sugar-free cough drops
    a bunch of corn tortillas (to freeze and use as needed) if allowed

Just had my first care package arrive from the OH. Included 2 soreen malt loaves. Mmmmm, frozen one for emergency use, and looking forward to next weekend when I crack into the other one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast