Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NZQA Verification of Qualification pending

Default NZQA Verification of Qualification pending

Hi
    my name is Babar Abbas......here are my timelines i applied for EOI on 2-3-2010...got my EOI selected on 10-3-2010 and on 12-3-2010 i got my status changed from Selected to Descision Successful....recieved ITA on 17-3-2010 and applied for NZQA full assesment on 8-4-2010 ...They returned my originonals.....and since 16-4-2010 my status is being stuck at "VERIFICATAION OF QUALIFICATION" and its been 45 days now ....and i am waiting......and moreover i paid For FAST Track......

my degree is B.E telecommunication form AIOU and visited them regularly and they say they not recieved any request from NZQA for verification of degree....

i am very much worried .....

what to do

please suggest

Thanks
    babar

Hello and welcome.

I'm sure you'll get comments later from people who have already been through the process.

Welcome to the forum!

Did your assessor e-mail you about anything?

In the early stages my assessor e-mailed me to ask for some details, so I had a direct line to her if I needed to know how it's progressing. As for me, Verification of Qualifications was the longest step in the process.

BTW, does your "45 days" include weekends? Please note their timelines are based on 5 working days.

You should e-mail NZQA to see if they can refer you to your assessor.

yes those 45 days include weekends also ......actually they send the documents by Post and by fax on same date....(16th April 2010).............but i visited my universtiy in meanwhile and they said they have'nt recieved any request for verification

But will they necessarily need to contact your university? If you sent transcripts of your degree programme, won't the check consist of comparing those with a comparable NZ qualification?

Ring NZQA and ask for the evaluator's phone no or email address. He/she will be able to tell you why is it taking time. Some universities charge money for verification but again if that is the case, evaluator will come back to you advising to pay such fees and provide him/her receipt.

Sometime post/fax goes to wrong person and it end up in trash.

You should get the email and fax no of the person in university responsible for verification and send it to your evaluator.

@JandM
    Yes they contact university for verification, its basically a questionnaire they sent to university along with copy of degree/transcripts to check and verify the details.
    Last edited by rizjunior; 3rd June 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Right, thanks, rizjunior. You KNOW whereas I was trying to apply logic.

Your logic is always near to solution.

Same happened in my case and I knew it......

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Right, thanks, rizjunior. You KNOW whereas I was trying to apply logic.

Contact the NZQA but also remember you are not to have any contact with the uni or anyone involved in verifying your qualification. I can't remember where is say's it bit coming from someone who's been there and done that I know you are not allowed to get involved at all in the verification process.

i dont know what to do ............i have Evaluator Phone number.....i tried calling her .....and since few days ....she is not picking up phone neither she is replying to my mails......and also i checked the university they still have not recieved the request for verification of qualification

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast