Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beijing/Shanghai INZ branch's decision making process now under scrutiny

Default Beijing/Shanghai INZ branch's decision making process now under scrutiny

http://www.immigration.co.nz/new-zea...de-errors.aspx

Skilled Migrant Cases processed in China - INZ admits they made errors.
    by Iain Macleod 11. May 2010 20:57

Post edited by JandM because of copyright infringement (quoting whole article).

Hello and welcome.

Have a look at my other post: http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29341

I've said I just couldn't understand how on earth there is a such huge difference in terms of approve rate, to me, if you are invited to apply, it means you are at least qualified for most points, if those points have been verified at a latter stage, then you should at least be given either WTR or AIP. However, from the table, roughly only about 10% of people have been given AIP.

I do really think it's a trap for those people in Asia region, NZIS should have a special note in Inivation Letter for those people who are applying from Asia branch to say that the approve rate is very low, so for some people, they don't need to waste their time and money on the whole process as they didn't expect from the start.

I have just lodged my application to Beijing Branch this week. This news makes me worry so much. Hopefully they will improve and try to be more consistent over different branches.

In my opinion once you have been issued with ITA the only factor for rejection should be false claims, or problems with health ,character or english language ability. If you are able to clear all these things there should be no reason to reject you.

Quote Originally Posted by ocean33 View Post
    In my opinion once you have been issued with ITA the only factor for rejection should be false claims, or problems with health ,character or english language ability. If you are able to clear all these things there should be no reason to reject you.
    Another important aspect is interview with Case Officer.

I am a Beijing-based American who has been approved for a LTBV and will be moving to NZ in a few weeks. But when I did my medical checks at one of the local facilities that processes them, the doctor who did my interview chuckled when she read my file, since in it I answered that my alcohol consumption is 3-5 drinks per week. According to the doctor she had never seen a NZ application form where that question was not answered with a "none" (and the same for tobacco use). This is clearly misleading, of course, and in the case of the tobacco use, the fabrication is betrayed by the x-ray. I can only assume that if they'll mislead the immigration authorities about that, then they'll do the same about other things, too, so I am not surprised the acceptance rate is so low here.
    Last edited by jlg84; 4th June 2010 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlg84 View Post
    I am a Beijing-based American who has been approved for a LTBV and will be moving to NZ in a few weeks. But when I did my medical checks at one of the local facilities that processes them, the doctor who did my interview chuckled when she read my file, since in it I answered that my alcohol consumption is 3-5 drinks per week. According to the doctor she had never seen a NZ application form where that question was not answered with a "none" (and the same for tobacco use). This is clearly misleading, of course, and in the case of the tobacco use, the fabrication is betrayed by the x-ray. I can only assume that if they'll mislead the immigration authorities about that, then they'll do the same about other things, too, so I am not surprised the acceptance rate is so low here.
    Are you saying that most applicants in Asia region are liars? Did you replace the word of "pleased" to "not surprised" for the reason not to be called an arrogant racist? So how do you explain the following table? Does it mean that Asia has more liars than it did have 3 years back? The approval rate has therefore dropped?

If you are exposed to a smoking environment even though you dont smoke, there could be traces in medical check up. I dont smoke but when I come back after meeting with some colleagues, my clothes smell......

Yes of course if someone provides false information by purpose of gaining residency, NZIS have a right to refuse but if all docs are ok, medical, police checks fine, there must not be another reason to refuse. By the way people who went to review board after PPI and refusal, they were allowed for visa.

Quote Originally Posted by jlg84 View Post
    This is clearly misleading, of course, and in the case of the tobacco use, the fabrication is betrayed by the x-ray. I can only assume that if they'll mislead the immigration authorities about that, then they'll do the same about other things, too, so I am not surprised the acceptance rate is so low here.

The main problem is PPI document which comes after interview. It states that are x number of people are unemployed in your field. You dont have close relatives and you have never been to New Zealand before. Also you can provide different arguments related to these three factors . But this sort of questioning should come in EOI processing phase. So there is no denial on the basis of false representation of facts in PPI document.
    The fact is that if you have people unemployed in your field you should not be issued an ITA. If you have been issued with ITA then there should be a commitment of issuing PR /WTR if u prove your claims (just like Canadian new system first they assess you if they clear you , then you have to prove your claims only).
    These polices must be uniform across the globe. I have read the story of a person of my field accepted from USA however I have been given PPI because there are x number of people unemployed in my field at the same time period.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast