Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No favouritism...

Default No favouritism...

Even Richard O'Brien is having problems.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3779...f-Raff-allowed

Imagine if your car breaks down in Katikati.....

Wow! Where is the Kiwi pride on this one?

Hang on, much as I admire many of his projects, this is only fair and right isn't it. It's not as though he didn't have the opportunity to apply before he was 55, and the money to do so. How many times do we all say that the rules are the rules, it's up to NZIS (or rather the government) to set those rules and NZIS to apply them in an even way. Clearly the fact he grew up here and has extensive family are good grounds for an appeal for special consideration which everyone is entitled to make. But I'm pretty sure that NZIS shouldn't have a section for 'actors and producers we like, but not the ones we subjectively don't'.

Oh, so serious Duncan! I was only thinking of the comedy potential of folk breaking down on dark and stormy nights and knocking on Richard O'Briens door for help.....

I thought there was a 'talent' stream anyway. You have to admit that some folk just don't fit into the square hole. But we'd be crazy to turn them away because they contribute so much to our lives. I bet if it was a sports star most people wouldn't object.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Hang on, much as I admire many of his projects, this is only fair and right isn't it. It's not as though he didn't have the opportunity to apply before he was 55, and the money to do so. How many times do we all say that the rules are the rules, it's up to NZIS (or rather the government) to set those rules and NZIS to apply them in an even way. Clearly the fact he grew up here and has extensive family are good grounds for an appeal for special consideration which everyone is entitled to make. But I'm pretty sure that NZIS shouldn't have a section for 'actors and producers we like, but not the ones we subjectively don't'.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    I never say nor have ever said rules are rules accept to say silly rules are silly rules, and silly or not they all will be broken by somebody at some point—deserving or not.
    Last edited by eassae; 5th June 2010 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolzr View Post
    I bet if it was a sports star most people wouldn't object.
    Or a hobbit.

I think he should be allowed and hopefully he will. It would make a nonsense of the immigration system in my mind if someone who had most their childhood and teens here and is incredibly successful and wealthy couldn't retire here. He went on his OE, made his career and fortune, now he's ready to come home. C'mon NZIS, let the genius in!

I would presume he would have plenty of $$ too - so cant he retire under the Retirement Category?

We claimed his as our own, I have always been proud that he is a BRIWI and the years he spent here when he was younger and the family should count.

Rules are rules - but I think that he is Kiwi enough already - let him in!

This is really sad. I love Richard O' Brien, he's fantastic. I hope they see sense and let him come here.

Crikey, they let Michael Barrymore in!!!!!

I'd love to break down and knock on his door on a dark, stormy night!!

Quote Originally Posted by baboonworld View Post
    Rules are rules - but I think that he is Kiwi enough already - let him in!
    We should start a 'LET RICHARD IN' campaign!!!

Placards at the ready troops!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast