Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You a Posh Kiwi? - Competition

Thumbs up Are You a Posh Kiwi? - Competition

I've posted the Daily Mail's "Are You Posh" survey in another thread in the Lounge. Not all of the questions apply to NZ -such as Do you shop at Waitrose?

Does anyone want to have a go at 10 Questions for Are You A Posh Kiwi? In the style/method of the Daily Mail survey please.

To make it more interesting, there'll be a £25 Amazon.co.uk or US$35 Amazon.com voucher as a prize for each member-submitted survey of ten questions we use in an article on the ENZ site away from the forum.

- Do you have insulation in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by SueDonim View Post
    Too right Sue, you'd be VERY posh to have such a thing here in Kiwi land!!!!

Do flattened cardboard boxes count as insulation???

Quote Originally Posted by SueDonim View Post
    Thanks SueDonim. I'm looking for ten items for the competiton though, not single offerings.

Also - as a guide - I'm hoping for more "social" type things as a guide to poshness rather than "possessions".

House insulation isn't posh per se in New Zealand. You can have an insulated house without being posh - plenty of people in the newer parts of Christchurch do and our house in Christchurch is insulated, and we're not posh.

A lot of rich people in New Zealand who have houses with all the mod cons aren't posh.

I'm hoping to get some social identifiers for the ones who are posh - whether they're rich or not.

Do you buy Pantene shampoo, inspired by the adverts featuring NZ's own top model Rachel Hunter and her lovely daughter Renee????

Are you the proud owners of 'The Bach, The Boat and the BMW'?????

Do you own a pair of genuine Possum slippers?????

Do you enjoy a bevy or two down the local with Mr Peter Jackson?????

Do you receive Christmas cards from the lovely Dame Kiri??????

Do you have Dave Dobbyn's back catalogue of Kiwi hits, signed 'with love from Dave xxxxxx'?????

Do Hobbitts regularly frequent your cosy abode for a Tui or two????

Do you have another pair of shoes (other than gumboots) for shopping trips or meals out at the local restaurant????

Have you ever walked the highly regarded red carpet of Wellywood????
    Last edited by ENZ; 6th June 2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Posts merged

Some funny ones in there Arwen , but (for the competition at any rate) I'm hoping to get an NZ survey of ten questions equivalent to the Daily Mail survey in terms of shops frequented, foods eaten, products used, social mores, etc for posh Kiwis.

1) Do you have a car with less than 3 dents / scrapes in it.
    2) Do you park all your vehicles on hardstanding (ie not on your grassed garden).
    3) Do less than half of your sentences finish with 'aye'.
    4) Is Paul Henry all that is wrong with the world, or the perfect candidate for PM?
    5) Do you know what you would cook for a vegetarian that was visiting (no points if you think the answer is chicken, pork, beef or fish).
    6) Is it possible to describe a car in good condition, if the very next section of your advert says "was 4wd, now 2wd after a gearbox swap".
    7) Under what circumstances is it legal to stop and collect road kill? (if you know the answer, you're not posh).
    8) In the last 12 months have you taken more items to the dump than you've sold on Trade-me?
    9) Is your sofa/armchair in your lounge or on your deck?
    10) Is 'Tab' an unsucessful cabonated drink or a popular family entertainment that needs additional TV coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by ENZ View Post
    Some funny ones in there Arwen , but (for the competition at any rate) I'm hoping to get an NZ survey of ten questions equivalent to the Daily Mail survey in terms of shops frequented, foods eaten, products used, social mores, etc for posh Kiwis.
    11) Are you more interested in attempted humour than making a serious attempt to win £25?

Some funny ones in there Arwen
    Thanking you. No offence to native NZ'er's, only meant as a bit of harmless fun.

Loved your ones Duncan, classic!!!!

but (for the competition at any rate) I'm hoping to get an NZ survey of ten questions equivalent to the Daily Mail survey in terms of shops frequented, foods eaten, products used, social mores, etc for posh Kiwis.
    Hmmm.........this might be easier said than done. I mean, what could be considered as the equivalent to Waitrose here? Woolworths perhaps? and I can't even begin to think what could be considered as 'posh nosh', something which doesn't give you recurring gastroenteritis I suppose!!!

The thing is, Kiwi's really don't seem to do the whole 'posh' thing down here in Welly, (it may be different in Auckland)? I must admit though, that's why I love living here, people are 'keeping it real'!!!!

Actually I thought about compiling ten questions myself for this but I didn't find it easy. I think the questions for this one are probably easier to do on a humourous level than to actually translate the Mail's survey into an equivalent survey for New Zealand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast