Thread: Work environment in Universities

Default Work environment in Universities

Can anybody share their experience working within a University environment? I am particularly interested in Victoria or Massey in Wellington. Thank you!

Loboleven, I just came across your post in searching for the same question. Have you been able to find out any information in the months since you posted? I'm hoping to work for a university (in student support services) in Auckland, but am curious to hear about experiences elsewhere, too.

Hi Both
    I work for Auckland university having not worked for a Uni before but public sector in both countries I love it, The place is very professional but a good enviroment to work, I work for the medicine faculty

Quote Originally Posted by Janey View Post
    Hi Both
    I work for Auckland university having not worked for a Uni before but public sector in both countries I love it, The place is very professional but a good enviroment to work, I work for the medicine faculty
    Great, thanks for the information Janey. I'm wondering if it's hard to get hired at a university/educational institution since I don't have any NZ experience in that area. I'm particularly interested in working for the U of Auckland and I keep up with their job listings, also going to be applying to a few other institutes and unis.

Smile

Hi
    Can not help you there, I was not looking particuarly for Uni's as I have 20+ years in Health/public sector, do not forget the others such as AUT, MUT etc

My OH (PhD in Computer Science with experience as a lecturer and researcher) applied for a job at Otago University a few months ago. He was told they received 140 (!!!) applications, so he wasn't shortlisted for an interview...