Thread: UK Police checks

Default UK Police checks

Hi Guys

the NZIS site states that police certs are valid 6 months to the date the application is lodged - does this mean the date they recieve the application or the date its assigned to a co? I'm worried cos my candian police check expires soon - i seem to be running out of time!

Also, when obtaining a cert for my kiwi hubby to sponsor me, does he still need the ACPO or is a subject access enough for him? I have no probs with the former, but he's struggling to find proof of addresses that are acceptable! To be honest the only thing from holding us back on posting the application is his police check!!

Can i send in my application to be lodged, then forward his certificate later?? Cos NZIS says as long as it doesn't reach 12 months during processing then its fine.

ARRGGHH!! sorry for all the questions, i've tried calling and emailing people but i'm not getting answers! The peeps on this forum seem to have a better idea most of the time! xx

Quote Originally Posted by Pigletguinea View Post
    Hi Guys

the NZIS site states that police certs are valid 6 months to the date the application is lodged - does this mean the date they recieve the application or the date its assigned to a co? I'm worried cos my candian police check expires soon - i seem to be running out of time!

Also, when obtaining a cert for my kiwi hubby to sponsor me, does he still need the ACPO or is a subject access enough for him? I have no probs with the former, but he's struggling to find proof of addresses that are acceptable! To be honest the only thing from holding us back on posting the application is his police check!!

Can i send in my application to be lodged, then forward his certificate later?? Cos NZIS says as long as it doesn't reach 12 months during processing then its fine.

ARRGGHH!! sorry for all the questions, i've tried calling and emailing people but i'm not getting answers! The peeps on this forum seem to have a better idea most of the time! xx
    Police cetificates remain valid for 6 months from date of issue so they must be submitted with your ITA within this time.

Yes you now need the ACPO not subject access for the UK Police certificate. If you are having problems providing the information required, have you contacted them so that they can advise on what other proof will be sufficient?

Ian

hi Pigletguinea (great name!)

It's the date lodged, not date CO assigned - though for partnership applications, you do tend to get a CO within 2 weeks, so it's not that much longer.

Your Kiwi hubby will need a full ACPO for the UK, as well as for any other countries he's lived in for the last 7 years (I think it was 7..). I don't remember needing to provide proof of addresses though?

I don't know about forwarding police certs after application, but my CO did request more info about an incident listed on my Kiwi hubby's Australian police check a couple of weeks after the application was lodged. I presume that they would also follow up any missing documents, but you do tend to get a time frame within the info must be received (usually 1 month from the date requested, based on my experiences with medical referrals).

Hope that helps!