Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: migration agents??????

Default migration agents??????

ok so the wife has signed the contract so here we come tauranga (feb) just starting to fill in all the stuff
    should i use an agent or just do it ourself? they charge a lot of money is it worth it?

heeeeeeelp

Congratulations on the job

Nah dont bother with them, you've done the hardest part

Quote Originally Posted by benandclare View Post
    Congratulations on the job

Nah dont bother with them, you've done the hardest part
    Thanks
    i thought we had

Many congrats!

I've just signed a contract and start in Jan based in Wellington -we are in a similar position so good luck!

I've had some contact with agents and been to a seminar by NewLife New Zealand they seemed good. All agents now have to be licensed which they are.
    However, it's a lot of money and given like your partner I have a job offer, I've decided to have a go at completing the process alone and save the dosh -which will be needed for medicals, x-rays, blood tests, police checks, flights, containers etc etc!!

Good luck however you proceed

What area of NZ are you heading?

You'll be fine without an agent. All the experts are right here! Anything you need to know just shout up and someone will be sure to have the answer. Folk on here are good like that Best of luck.

Hey Congrats on the job!!... just to add my 50 cents.. hardest part done...sit down with a bottle of best NZ tipple and take a big deep lung full and fill in the paperwork... loadsa people on here that will be more than happy to answer questions and share experiences and wee tips....

Welcome to the Land of the Long White Cloud....

[QUOTE=themilkybarkid;360648]Many congrats!

I've just signed a contract and start in Jan based in Wellington -we are in a similar position so good luck!

I've had some contact with agents and been to a seminar by NewLife New Zealand they seemed good. All agents now have to be licensed which they are.
    However, it's a lot of money and given like your partner I have a job offer, I've decided to have a go at completing the process alone and save the dosh -which will be needed for medicals, x-rays, blood tests, police checks, flights, containers etc etc!!

Ditto the above!

Go down the DIY route, many of us have it is time consuming but very doable!

Just remembered I did a poll which had 45 votes I think... and overwhelmingly 90+% did DIY immigration (not using an agent) and were happy they did!

see:

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....highlight=poll

so experience suggests DIY is best - seeking help here always whenever you need it!

Really depends on your situation, if it's a straight forward SMC and you have the right qualifications with no complications (ie medical/character/age) then definitely yes, go DIY and save tons of dosh.

However if your situation is more complicated then do seek help.
    I have to admit I have now signed up with New Life New Zealand, so far an excellent service.

I was trying to DIY an EOI/SMC then searching for jobs during my recce mission based on my skill sets.
    Now I consider my self reasonably intelligent and able to interpret the NZIS web site but it turns out my grand plan was fundamentaly flawed by the fact that my qualifing qualifications were not of the correct skill level. So after 5 weeks of highs & lows, I paid for advice and was after meeting my Agents in Hamilton was shocked to discover I had wasted time & money "barking up the wrong trees" as far as Immigration is concerned.

Turns out that my entry route is what I do now, self employed business owner/operator - LTBV. To be honest in my situation I am happy to pay for somebody else's expertise to help me achieve my goal. To put this decision into context I should mention I am Divorcee (hate the word but happy to be one) have a business, a home (for sale) and a family to run, with all the added paperwork and stress of emigration on top I'm happy to hand over the reins to an Agent.
    Even though it's going to cost an eye wateringly amount of money at least I'm reassured by their 100% success rate.

So wish me luck, I'll keep you all posted on developments. . . . .

Bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast