View Poll Results: What would you buy and bring from the UK rather than buy in NZ? (tick as many or little as you like)

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • bed

21 72.41%
  • sofa

22 75.86%
  • tv

8 27.59%
  • dishwasher

10 34.48%
  • washing machine

16 55.17%
  • tumble dryer

13 44.83%
  • de-humidifyer

14 48.28%
  • microwave

11 37.93%
  • hi-fi

16 55.17%
  • laptop

24 82.76%
  • bedroom furniture

19 65.52%
  • Dining Table and chairs

21 72.41%
  • ladders

13 44.83%
  • diy electrical goods

18 62.07%
  • other item not listed above (please specify)

8 27.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bring from UK n not buy in NZ?

Hi Kiwi Mac, I think all 3 really, we have been rennovating our house, and I have had so many things sent over from UK because of lack of choice and price, we even had our kitchen tap and door handles sent over from Ikea!!!
    For example, we need a new deep fat fryer, and we have the choice of Briscoes or Noel Leemings, both stock the same fryers, 2 different brands, Zip and Breville. I live in Taupo, so 'nipping' to my nearest big town, in the way I used to nip in to Nottingham isn't exactly easy!!! I used to love just wandering around Nottingham........

Cath XX

Quote Originally Posted by cathgates View Post
    For example, we need a new deep fat fryer, and we have the choice of Briscoes or Noel Leemings, both stock the same fryers, 2 different brands, Zip and Breville. I live in Taupo, so 'nipping' to my nearest big town, in the way I used to nip in to Nottingham isn't exactly easy!!! I used to love just wandering around Nottingham........

Cath XX
    It is a problem with living in the smaller towns that the amount of choice is more limited.

Living near Wellington (or other bigger city) and the choice is much greater, a point worth bearing in mind for the question of buying new before leaving or after arrival.

Ian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123