Thread: New medical requirements?

Default New medical requirements?

Anybody had the new medical in UK yet? We are due to take ours in June, but we are a bit unclear about the blood tests required.
    Oz don't need HIV etc.. unless work in medical or dentistry. Is NZ the same? Only requirement is for syph and tb?

Just need to know before I go phoning the docs....

I thought every body had to have hiv for OZ :? :? :?

Don't know whether it is different in the uk but Jon just had his blood tests yesterday and it was for syph, the xray is for the TB

He has tattoos also and the doc didn't do hep test likes others have had.

Joanne

I phoned the doctor today who informed me that Hep and HIV are for medical people only or for people who have been exposed to the risk.
    Thank goodness for that coz it was an extra £80 for those tests for me and the missus who have no need for them.

Thanx for coming back on this one Jocalla.

Steve

Just had meds yesterday! It was so simple I couldn't understand why it cost so much :eek It was something the local GP could have carried out

We had chest xray, then meds consisted of medical history (85% of the medical is paperwork ) Blood pressure, feel of tummy, listen to chest and back, urine sample, read letters from a distance, height and weight, looks into eyes with torch, looks in mouth, 1 blood test for syphillis, and reflex test where they whack you with a hammer :eek and then the really painful bit you go and pay The bit about BMI I think he just guessed :eek as I saw him fill it in but other than height and weight he didn't take any other measurements The men will be pleased to know that hubby didn't have to cough & drop :eek but I had great fun telling him otherwise before we went in Just got to wait now for the result.

All the best everyone
    Michelle

from what i understand stevie, the new test includes rubber gloves and a lot of lube!!!

also - why are you so petrified of the hiv test!!????? is it cos of all the blood and vomit u have had to clean off your back seat?
    :eek

Quote Originally Posted by robothamma
    The men will be pleased to know that hubby didn't have to cough & drop :eek but I had great fun telling him otherwise before we went in

All the best everyone
    Michelle
    I did the SAME Aren't we wicked

Joanne

The bit about BMI I think he just guessed :eek as I saw him fill it in but other than height and weight he didn't take any other measurements

BMI is a height/weight calc - you can check it out on
    http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/calc-bmi.htm

Quote Originally Posted by jocalla
    The men will be pleased to know that hubby didn't have to cough & drop :eek but I had great fun telling him otherwise before we went in

All the best everyone
    Michelle
    I did the SAME Aren't we wicked

Joanne
    i told mine it was full cavity search!