Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat pump quotes

Default Heat pump quotes

Hello I'm the wife of James 1077. My family have woken up freezing in our house and made me cave to a proper heating system which we need ASAP.
    Amazingly the man at 'the heat pump guys' in Albany, auckland...came straight away to give quotes..and seemed rather sensible. He quoted $3100 for a Panasonic heat pump of about 4.5kW and $2400 for one of 2.6kW (E9JKR and E15JKR )..I'd like to order it tomorrow but other people can't do quotes till next week...so I thought I'd just ask you all if this seems averagely normal or if you've heard 'the heat pump guys' make a botched job and run off with your money. Sorry it is a bit rude but they all say they are so cold!!!
    Thank you so much in advance...and if you have any issues with James 1077's political beliefs I share none of them

Hello. No idea about heat pumps, from the other side of the world - sorry! But I sympathize with wanting to be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Doughnut View Post
    Thank you so much in advance...and if you have any issues with James 1077's political beliefs I share none of them
    lol. Does he know about the heat pump?

You might want to check out this page for info on energy efficiency and running costs.

http://www.energywise.govt.nz/products/listing/100

Good luck. Very jealous.

Hahaha! Welcome to the forum and I hope you feel toasty soon

My (limited) experience with heatpumps is that you should buy the biggest and best you can ...

LOL! And if you need a couple of temporary portable heaters let me know. Happy to grab a couple for you.

E

Try and get Fujitsu pumps if you can - they have an awesome warranty (5 or 6 years!). We have 4 and they are fab.

James seems very sensible to me....!

When others have got quotes for heat pumps has there been a big difference in price, or have they all been pretty similar?

Cheers

Tia

Don't forget you could get a government grant too. No idea what the details are 'cause we are renting, but could make it even cheaper still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Mac View Post

...and if you have any issues with James 1077's political beliefs I share none of them
    I know - it is a great disappointment to me. I did everything right too - found a nice, private school educated girl whilst on a very middle class GAP year in Australia. How could it possibly go wrong? It was only after it was too late that I discovered she was a wishy washy, leftie, Lib Dem voter!

Cheers Kiwi Mac - the feeling is mutual!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast