Thread: 2 years ago today....

Smile 2 years ago today....

I can't believe it's been two years already No way! Yes, way

So much has happened for us in this period I'm amazed we are still sane. Well actually I can't speak for my OH, he's still being assessed.

We began living with family in Christchurch whilst looking into employment
    I got a job in Sunny Dunny and started work in September 07
    OH got a job too
    Daughter started at lovely school, then moved up to even lovlier intermediate
    My job went very sour, resulting in a court case of which I'm still waiting to hear the outcome
    We had to deal with two deaths in the family, one sudden and one not
    I started up my own private practice, went self employed and here we are now, poorer but happier

We have learned that there are sadly some extremely malicious people out there in the world, but that fingers crossed justice will prevail. ( I chose that word carefully as trying to get me deported even though I had already obtained residency, is in my opinion definitely malicious)

We've also learned there are some truly amazing people here, who we are blessed to call our friends. So perhaps the big lesson is [] happens

It has been an amazing two years, in which we've been surrounded by beauty and laughter. Of course there has been a down side, but if we didn't have a down side would we know what the up side was??

Life's good, Dunedin is still beautiful and opportunities here are seemingly everywhere.

Thanks for sharing your ups and downs! Glad that on the whole you are happy

Congratulations on all the good, and best wishes for the not-so-good to sort itself out your way, and soon.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Good luck for the future. I hope everything works out the way you want it to

Great to hear your update, although the employment stuff sounds bloody awful..... Good on ya for sticking with it and so glad to hear that you and your family are happy

Take care
    Karenx

I admire your positive view while facing an extremely negative situation. Congrats on your 2 years!

I'm glad to hear you pulled through despite all what has happened.Like you I have had a difficult time but many good times here in Dunedin too.I wish you every happiness.

Helen