Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks in!

Sounds wonderful! Though you're looking a bit "rabbit in headlights" in that chippie shot

Long may the fun continue.

pleased everything has gone so well for you both - pics are amazing for this time of the year too!

Best of luck adjusting and settling

Fantastic, congrats to both of you. Jax, I hope your registration comes through soon, could you apply for jobs and say that you've applied for registration/it's pending? I can understand that it's a bit lonely not having a job and having your other half out all day with his job (I was in the same situation when I moved England many years ago). I got my job as a sonographer here (NZ) without registration, but had to become registered before I started work. I don't know if it's the same for nursing jobs but I just thought I would throw that out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and wishing you all the best!
    Bridget

"Good on ya!" Glad you are settling in! Hope everything falls into place soon so you are able to get a job.

Great photos!

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Fantastic, congrats to both of you. Jax, I hope your registration comes through soon, could you apply for jobs and say that you've applied for registration/it's pending? I can understand that it's a bit lonely not having a job and having your other half out all day with his job (I was in the same situation when I moved England many years ago). I got my job as a sonographer here (NZ) without registration, but had to become registered before I started work. I don't know if it's the same for nursing jobs but I just thought I would throw that out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and wishing you all the best!
    Bridget
    thanks Bridget, yes i did think about applying for a job with reg pending... but Im a bit torn, as my kids are coming out for a month holiday in August, so i think I'd prefer to be off with them, and then knuckle down to finding a job when they return to the UK....

but if an ideal job DOES come up in the meantime, i would apply for it anyway and see what they say about the registration thing.

we have moved into the house now, so that will keep me a bit busier in the next few weeks... and have set up a coffee date with an ex pat lady in the same boat and will attend a volunteer open day also next week

Hi

It sounds fantastic. We are planning to live near Howick when we get out there - I have a job offer at a Hospital in Auckland, I work in the operating theatre.

Looking forward to being able to write a similar post in the near future.

Wishing you good luck and lot of happiness, enjoy your new life

T

Very jealous

We went out for our 1st recee in NZ end autumn/winter as we wanted to see what it was like in the worst season

Gorgeous

Glad you're loving it

Francis

Quote Originally Posted by Healings View Post
    Hi

It sounds fantastic. We are planning to live near Howick when we get out there - I have a job offer at a Hospital in Auckland, I work in the operating theatre.

Looking forward to being able to write a similar post in the near future.

Wishing you good luck and lot of happiness, enjoy your new life

T
    keep us posted with your progress. when you arrive we'll help out where we can! Howick is fab!

Many congrats on your successful migration and settling in!

Congrats on the move, sounds like you're really getting to grips with your new life - very jealous, hopefully that will be us in around 8 months time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast