Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any budding photographers with great shots of NZ?

Smile Any budding photographers with great shots of NZ?

Hello

We moved to Tauranga from London last October and have set up a canvas prints business. We have a great starting set of NZ landscape and nature photography but are always on the lookout for more that have the 'wow' factor.

So, if you have some great shots of NZ taken with a decent camera (10+ megapixels essential) and would like to earn some commission, please get in touch!

cheers
    Anthony

i have a lovely one of Christchuch countryside from the airplane...

OK, I'm curious. Never really thought about printing large, but is there anything in my gallery that would fit your definition of good? Only 8MP though...

http://www.enz.org/forum/album.php?albumid=109

I've printed several to large canvas (40") from my 30Ds (8mp too) and there's no issue at all, even with crops. It's more about your workflow. A RAW image on a decent SLR and then TIFF manipulation will still give a canvas with less artifacts than an 12mp shot from a £200 point and shoot with tiny sensor in Jpeg and re-saved several times. Canvas is actually a fairly forgiving medium for printing as it's nto that sharp (compared to glossy posters for example), but it's a lot harder to get the right colours / 'brightness', that's where the skill of the printer comes in.

Ablears - I assume that you aren't looking for exclusive image rights, or to be be able to re-license? Do you have a stall at the weekend arts fairs in the warehouse down on the front. Drop me a PM if you're interested in meeting for a coffee and to have a browse of my portfolio, although it is lowly 8MP stuff.
    Last edited by Duncan74; 24th June 2010 at 07:48 PM.

These we took with 4 mp camera and guy who did them for us said they were at the limit

It's unlikely to be the image size per-se, but the fact that you'll start to get artifacts visible from the JPEG compression. In reality it's not that much of an issue as you aren't looking at it from as close as you would a picture. How often do you stand right up against a 4 foot picture to look at it? Even trying to pixelpeep at 40" on glossy posters then there wasn't a problem, and 8MP isn't double the size of 4mp, it's 1.67 times bigger.

Thanks. I'll pass these on to Adeline (I bow to her photography knowledge - the extent of mine can be seen in the megga NZ piccie thread!).

We're thinking of offering exclusivity agreements for the best performing photos (just for canvas prints, they could still be used for other mediums) so we'll see how the site performs over the next few months before deciding which to go for. Commission is 20% of profit with additional affiliate scheme too. I've had a busy few weeks building the site!

Considering we've just started we have some lovely photos. This one is probably my favourite:

http://www.evokenz.com/canvas-shop/l...kenzie-country

... unbelieveably though considering we live in Tauranga we don't have a great shot of the Mount yet!

www.heapsofsheeps.com

We have everything on the blog at 10mp. We have thousands more photos as well. Might be interested in non-exclusive.

Do you have a contract that I could see? How much are you selling prints for?

PM me if interested.

Hi Anthony

Thanks for your post

We arrived in NZ during March 2009... having been office bound for the best part of 14 years whilst working in the UK (Draughtsman) I finally decided to have a career change and follow my passion of photography.

I've also started my own business, rolling out in October 2009 offering the service of Aerial & Interior Photography DIRECT IMAGE

Still early days yet, but with the contacts I've made the prospects look good

I'm passionate about landscape photography and will be offering images very soon... mainly of the South Island and especially of Canterbury.

I use a Canon 450D, along with their fantastic wide angle 10-22mm lens... captures all the detail I need and never lets me down!!!

I'll upload some landscape images soon and hope they're of interest... look forward to speaking again and taking matters further.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast