Thread: Internet/phone/TV packages

Default Internet/phone/TV packages

We are based in Auckland and were wondering if there are any packages that provide all 3 that people can recommend? Or failing that just the phone and Internet. Husband has tried to do a bit of research but found it all a bit confusing. We are pretty heavy users so would want 10GB.

Ta. Just arrived so a bit befuddled by everything!!

When I arrived I went for a naked dsl internet account and use voip (voice over internet protocol) for my phone calls so there's no need for a phone line and you just pay for your internet. You can get a land line number and it just the same as having a conventional land line but without the land line rental. For my phone voip land line number I use a Kiwi company called 2talk. This way it works out much cheaper with no trade offs. the only equipment you need is a good router. In Christchurch I pay $60 for 10GB internet and $15 to 2talk for phone calls.

David

We're just changed to Vodafone from telecom and for the same price we were paying for our phone line and 3gb we now have the phone line and 30gb.

The Vodafone package is 30GB net, phone line and free sky upgrade from normal to HDI for $90 a month. It's meant to be $100 but we're on the red network so can get it cheaper. It is defiantly appearing to be better than telecom and we don't run out in the first couple of weeks like we used to. We still have to pay the basic sky charge so it takes the bill up to $140 but to be honest that only for my flat mate as I'd quite happily live without it, where as the net there's no compramise.

Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    We're just changed to Vodafone from telecom and for the same price we were paying for our phone line and 3gb we now have the phone line and 30gb.

The Vodafone package is 30GB net, phone line and free sky upgrade from normal to HDI for $90 a month. It's meant to be $100 but we're on the red network so can get it cheaper. It is defiantly appearing to be better than telecom and we don't run out in the first couple of weeks like we used to. We still have to pay the basic sky charge so it takes the bill up to $140 but to be honest that only for my flat mate as I'd quite happily live without it, where as the net there's no compramise.
    We're with Slingshot - going to move to naked DSL and italk which is $80 a month with a 25gb quota and a download quota free period between 2am and 8am (which is great for torrents). You get a number and use VOIP. It gives you 500 minutes a month for calls within NZ and back to the UK.

We don't have sky but have freeview which has lots of channels and HD.