Thread: Fingerprint card in Malaysia for Police Certificate

Default Fingerprint card in Malaysia for Police Certificate

Good day,

Has anyone in Malaysia gotten their fingerprint card for police check purposes? I tried asking the local police branch here and they seem confused and stare at me blankly LOL P I will be going to the PJ Old State Police HQ next Monday.

However, I just want to know whether anyone has done it in Malaysia, mind sharing your experiences? Thank you.

What form are you trying to get? Is it the Certificate of Good Conduct letter? You don't need any fingerprints for that. Just submit the application to Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Putrajaya to get it.

I submitted it with a blank Pos Ekspress envelope and they sent it back to me in a month.

Hi zemien,

I needed to get a police clearance certificate from Singapore ( since I stayed there for more than a year ), so they require your fingerprint card as part of their checks. And yes, certificate of good conduct from Malaysia doesn't require it.

Thanks anyway zemien

Hello, you need to go to Police HQ in Bukit Aman, that is the only place you can get your fingers print service. I have done that, the fee is about RM10 or RM20, cannot remember correctly. You have to bring your passport, IC, and passport size photo. Good Luck.

thanks sschtan and all for your input.

by the way, for all those who needs fingerprinting done in Malaysia, please proceed immediately to Bukit Aman police station ( you may skip PJ and Shah Alam HQ ), they are the only ones that are able to do it.

for your convenience, here's simple guide. there are 2 entrances to Bukit Aman, make sure you use the front entrance ( via the lake gardens, kl bird park, etc. ) and just park your car opposite the police station. walk to the guard house and register yourselves ( you need to leave you mobile phone ). you will need to fill up a form, inform the officer that you want to get your fingerprinting done. you will be given a visitor's pass ( touchpass - which you need to use for entry later ). the location is at D2 4th floor ( the tallest white building at the end of the road ), about 5-10 mins walk. once you're at the white building, another security check, then walk to the elevator and up to 4th floor. once out, take the left door ( there are signs ) and ring the door bell, an officer will come to you and process your fingerprints. voila!

it took about 5 mins to get the fingerprinting done, and about 10-15 mins wait to get your fingerprint certificate. just the identification card required ( only applicable for Malaysians, foreigners may need passport or other form of identification ), while your photo will be taken on the spot. once done, they will provide you the fingerprinting certificate, and you will need to pay RM30 per copy.

should you need further help, just drop me a msg.