Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: International movers UK to NZ- who is the best?

Default International movers UK to NZ- who is the best?

Hi All,

I am in the midst of booking quotes to move our gear from the UK to NZ and have a couple of obvious questions. I appreciate that the answers may have been on the site elsewhere, but it is always good to get the latest experiences!

Q1: Can anyone recommend movers who have given them a great experience?

Q2: We do not know where we will be ending up in NZ. Has anyone else dealt with this situation with the movers. We will know when by the time the gear arrives.

Q3: Are the quotes you were given accurate, if not, what were the "add-ons"?

Thanks in anticipation,

Kevin.

Can only tell you we had a good experience with Crown, efficient both ends. Their quote was inclusive and proved to be so at this end. The only extra we had to pay was for a small transit van which was used to load from the big truck and ferry up a steep drive to the house we moved into ($150). The small print did indicate this may happen so we were not surprised by it. We did not have anywhere fixed to live when we left the UK and spent the whole time in a holiday cottage whilst we waited for the container to arrive. We would use them again

Default Hi

We have used Pickfords and they have been really helpful in calling us in NZ when needed.
    Would recommend them as well.

we used Pickfords. they all seem much of a muchness, and will all haggle to get your custom. so dont take their first quotation price.
    i liked pickfords as they have a good reputation and seemed most professional. the moving boys were great. did a great and efficient job packing us up. quite a quick sailing time too. container due to arrive next week (which will be 8 weeks- still needs to go thru the bio security/quarantine thing tho), so will let you know how the service is at the other end!

Will let you know soon - we've booked Robinsons and they're arriving on 12th July. They gave us the best quote and were the easiest to get hold of - even on Bank Holidays and weekends!

We too are in the middle of booking movers, Crowns seemed lovely but came in £1.5 K more than pickfords, and Anglopacific were £500 more than pickfords. After reading the comments I will go back to them all and try to get some money off............under £3k would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Will let you know soon - we've booked Robinsons and they're arriving on 12th July. They gave us the best quote and were the easiest to get hold of - even on Bank Holidays and weekends!
    We had hell with Robinsons and they were 500 quid cheaper on the quote then pickfords but we regret not spending that upfront and ended up spending almostt an additional 3000 with robinsons in the end!

Smile

we used PSS the last time we returned and they were great, on our return to the UK we used Crown it was a disaster from start to finish I have moved several times and never had an experience like it we are in the process of organising again and I have not even asked Crown to quote I think most of your dosh goes on the flashy paperwork etc, they do not use in the SW Crown staff but sub contract as do PSS, anglo etc but thats not the impression crown give otr the service you pay for this apparently is the case for most of the UK so you may indeed find someoneelse doing the removal who you asked to quote! but paying a higher price
    lol!

HI Kevin

Cannot give you the full experience yet, but like Janey we used PSS for the UK to NZ move. AT the UK end they were fantastic. As our container is still on the ship around the Suez area as I type I cannot comment on the NZ end. However it was PSS staff who packed us up in the UK and they worked like Trojans and offered really good advice as they packed.

I'll let you know how it goes when the goods get here...but it may be too late for you by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mooncalf View Post
    We had hell with Robinsons and they were 500 quid cheaper on the quote then pickfords but we regret not spending that upfront and ended up spending almostt an additional 3000 with robinsons in the end!

Oh god - that's got my very worried now - can you please explain what went wrong?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast