Thread: Police Certificate

Exclamation Police Certificate

Hi there,

I am currently on work permit and willing to apply for residency but my police certificate had expired! I heard from some people that NZIS will require a police certificate from my home country and any other countries i lived for 5 years .........

I have been in NZ since 3 years and never went overseas? so whats the point of asking a police certificate ?

I can supply the one form my home country ......

I lived in Dubai for 5 years and i contacted the police and they told me that they cannot supply me with one now, as i had one 2 years ago and my Dubai work permit is not valid, so they cannot issue a police certificate for a non resident there.

please advice

thx

I saw that while reading the "encyclopedia" the have online (which I am still finding new stuff everyday).

There you go

If police certificates are unavailable

If you cannot get a police certificate, provide detailed information of your attempts to get one. If we are satisfied that police certificates are not available or it would be unduly difficult for you to get them (for example where the authorities of any such country will not generally provide such certificates), we may instead ask you to make and provide a separate statutory declaration in both English and your own language.

If a statutory declaration is required, it must detail your attempts to obtain a police certificate and state whether or not you, or any accompanying family members, have been found guilty or convicted of, or charged with offences against the law in that country. The statutory declaration should also be corroborated by other information attesting to your character.

Found here

Hope that helps.

Look on the NZIS website for what they are going to require in support of your application. What people tell you can be wrong.

We need certificates from:

your country of citizenship
    and
    any country you’ve been in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, whether in one or more visits.
    http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...aractersmc.htm

so whats the point of asking a police certificate ?
    With everything to do with immigration, it's no use asking questions like this. The rules aren't all logical, and people just get themselves worked up for nothing if they try to argue against them.

Thanks all ...... its very clear now !!!!!!!1

Hi Newbie,

I have exactly the same problem with the Dubai Police Certificate. Did you finally get it?
    Take a look at this online service by Dubai Police: http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/eng...5&itemId=15305
    Do you think this is same certificate we need?

Another option I found is : http://www.helplinegroups.com/Police...%28PCC%29.html

Cheers

Jose Parra

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your help. Actually, i checked with UAE embassy in Au and the process as per the link

http://www.uaeembassy.org.au/consular.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Clearance

Applicant who wishes to obtain Police Clearance from the United Arab Emirates should fulfill the following requirements and post it to the Embassy of UAE in Canberra, Australia:

Original fingerprints "Using Print Matic Inkpad" from local police in Australia or New Zealand.
    Authenticate the "10 Finger Print" from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade in one of the capital cities of Australian States in Australia or from the Ministry of Internal Affairs in New Zealand.
    A fee of Sixty Australian Dollars ($60AU) by Australian Money Order and if it is from New Zealand by Bank Draft, payable to the Embassy of UAE.
    A pre-paid self-addressed return envelope. If the application is from NZ please provide the Embassy a return envelope with two to three (2-3) stamped International coupons.
    After we legalize the fingerprint, we will enclose a form to be filled by the applicant and instructions which clarifies the type of documents the applicant has to send to UAE with the legalized fingerprint.

The Embassy does not provide a letter or form to the applicant when obtaining a finger print from the police station.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, the Certificate of Good Conduct is different form the Police Clearance certificate for NZIS.

Where about your Location ? You need to find the nearest UAE embassy and ask them.

I did not apply for it till now .... i was just inquiring ........... cheers and let me know if you need any more clarification?

Newbie,

Thanks a lot for your info. It was helpful. I live in Colombia and the UAE does not have a Consulate here (closest is in Brazil), so I will need to contact them though.

Thanks and regards

Jose

Hey Guys,

I lived in Dubai for 6 years and applied for my Work Permit in NZ through the NZ consulate in Dubai. This year I applied for my residence Visa and had to go back to the Dubai police for a new good conduct certificate.

I downloaded the form from the Dubai police website and got my fingerprints done at a local police station here in Dunedin (who also notarized the prints and my passport copy) and they, the form, a copy of my passport and old UAE Visa, along with two photos and $35 US (Bank draft), duly went of to the main Dubai police HQ on Al Ittihad Road and within 3 weeks had my police certificate sent back by courier.

It was actually quicker that getting my Police check from the UK!

Rebecca

Dunedin

Thanks for your information Rebecca ... Sometimes they do it so quickly depends on so many things .............