Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orthodontist prices ??

Default Orthodontist prices ??

Hi.
    We've just been told that our 14 yr old needs fixed braces, top and bottom at a price of $6500 ( Gasp ! )

I was wondering whether prices were cheaper outside of Auckland and will be ringing around next week.
    Has any one here has experience of orthodontists in NZ ?

Our 13 year old is in the middle of treatment (all the mouth ironmongery etc). Her treatment is costing $4,500, payable at $165 per month.

Hi - thats quite a saving, even with air fares. Who do you go to ?

WHEN I GOT BRACES (11 YEARS OLD) THEY COST MY DAD ABOUT $3000 - - THAT WAS 22 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I THINK YOU BOTH GOT A BARGAIN

Goodness - When you put it like that...... I feel better now !!!

staffordshire...but its only a matter or time

Ive just found a dentist in our area who is taking on NHS patients!
    Off to register with him tomorrow to get as much as possible for free while I still can :mrgreen:

My daughter is in the early stages of getting a brace (in UK), her first appointment was 14.02.05, then on 16.03.05 she had all the photo's & examinations done. Next one was 13.06.05 and we were advised of the work they want to do, then the Orthodentist sent the forms off to NHS for approval to pay for her treatement (which apparently costs £3,000!). Next appointment is 05.09.05! It may end up a bit close to leaving for NZ (Martyns job starts in October!). All Orthoddentists in our area in the SE England are very very busy and waiting lists are very long. So my advise is start treatement as early as possible!!
    :?

Default orthodontist

Hi

before left UK was told both my girls would need braces : have just booked their initial consultation over here at a cost of $90 apparantly this is usually each but as I have booked them both at the same time they are doing 2 for the price of 1 don't think this will be the case all the way through unfortunately perhaps I should have booked their brother in as well just in case!
    Anyway will keep updated on cost apparantly they offer several payment options which makes me think it will be expensive and presumably not paying is NOT one of the options

Lisa :P

Hi Clarabell,

Free free, how did you get it for free?

Your comment about free made me smile, in 12 months I had to pay £9000 in NI that’s around $23400 NZ (IR35 fun) and I still had to pay the dentist!

If it was a great service I wouldn’t mind so much.

I got an abcess had to see an emergency dentist (who I had to pay) then it took me over 3 months to register with a dentist to get treated with more than just antibiotics (who I also had to pay) so, as far as I can see it’s far from free, I’d gladly pay $4500 if I need treatment.

Bob

hi, my boys are 4 and 7, no one in my family has had braces, is this a frequent requirement for teenagers nowadays?

Can you get covered on medical insurance for something like this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast