Thread: Medical for entry to NZ

Default Medical for entry to NZ

Perhaps a little premature having just got the EOI approved.
    When you have the medical, blood tests and xrays, will the doc accept the results obviously certified from your current doc? My current employer has Occ Health and can do all the tests required including xrays at no cost to me, I can then furnish the approved medical doc with these.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by liam101 View Post
    Perhaps a little premature having just got the EOI approved.
    When you have the medical, blood tests and xrays, will the doc accept the results obviously certified from your current doc? My current employer has Occ Health and can do all the tests required including xrays at no cost to me, I can then furnish the approved medical doc with these.
    Thanks.
    That depends whether your employer meets the set criteria as listed here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/paneldoctors for "Approved Panel Doctors and Radiologists".

Quote Originally Posted by ralf-nz View Post
    That depends whether your employer meets the set criteria as listed here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/paneldoctors for "Approved Panel Doctors and Radiologists".
    Thanks, but will these panel docs accept the fact I had the chest x ray for example completed and reported on by a consultant radiologist at my hospital, all be it the consultant is not on the list. If I go to my doc and he does the blood tests the results will be the same whether he is on the panel or not. My q is, can I take these results to the panel doc to save me some £?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by liam101 View Post
    Thanks, but will these panel docs accept the fact I had the chest x ray for example completed and reported on by a consultant radiologist at my hospital, all be it the consultant is not on the list. If I go to my doc and he does the blood tests the results will be the same whether he is on the panel or not. My q is, can I take these results to the panel doc to save me some £?
    Thanks.
    I suggest you just give them a call and ask. It may be that there is already an established business relationship.

Hi...

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...2EA/0/1007.pdf

Check out the actual form and the specific sections of the "Declarations" that have to be signed by the Radiologists, Doctor and Lab..... a common thread is one of identification of applicant and the correlation of information of the various bits of the "medical" onto one form that will only be accepted by NZIS and submitted by one of the Panel Approved Doctors.

If there is one thing that I learned from the good folk on this forum, is that NZIS has its proceedures and policies, some of which can appear at first glance to be wholly unfair, unjust and leave you with a "what?" as well as a predefined financial cost hole in your pocket...but there are no short cuts or corners to clip on the process.

How would it be if you did manage to make a (ahem!) short cut to save a few £'s now at the begining of your application process, only for NZIS to discover via their various cross-referencing exercises... to rescind your Visa status for making (possible) false declarations on your medical form waaayyy back?..

Sorry on the long reply....but we had a bit of a fight with the MA on whose's professional opinion to submit that they (NZIS) would accept regarding my OH's heart bypass he had in India whilst we were applying for Residency....

Last edited by Grasshopper; 17th August 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Grateful for all the replies, thank you.

I'd guess not, as the Panel doc is in a position where they have all the power. Thinking about it aren't both radiologists and Doc on the Panel, ie the radiologist has to be on the panel too, not just the Doctor.

Yip....