Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZQA question

Default NZQA question

Hi,

Just received one on our NZQA PAR and it says:

Pre-assessment Result:

On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
    But they did not mention compared to which qualification, should I contact them or just go with that in the EOI?

Thanks

I had the same outcome and it obviously is enough for INZ (although there was a reference to my degree on another page). I do not understand what good it is to have a result of degree level comparison if one cannot identify to what they have held it up against.

Besides the NZQA result and original degree and certified translations, I did include a copy of an international copy (english) of my degree from my University which I asked them for.

Good luck and dobre dan!

Sorry.... failed to pick-up on the fact that you requested a PAR. I did the full assessment but with the same outcome.

After full assessment you should receive your docs back from NZQA and there you will find their assessment with all the data necessary (LEVEL 7 in IT/ Computer Science for example). That is the paper you will have to provide with your ITA once you receive it. PAR is just informative (in my opinion) and can be a good lead for EOI. It can happen that the result from PAR and FULL assessment is different (rarely, but it can) so if Immigration asks for qual. assessment you need to provide full.

Hope I helped.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lida16 View Post
    After full assessment you should receive your docs back from NZQA and there you will find their assessment with all the data necessary (LEVEL 7 in IT/ Computer Science for example). That is the paper you will have to provide with your ITA once you receive it. PAR is just informative (in my opinion) and can be a good lead for EOI. It can happen that the result from PAR and FULL assessment is different (rarely, but it can) so if Immigration asks for qual. assessment you need to provide full.

Hope I helped.

Cheers
    Thanks,

Received one of ours from NZQA, and waiting on the other one (my OH's). I am sure it will be 7 as she graduated from "Sveuciliste ..." I suppose its the same with you

Was wondering, if I should submit the EOI now, or should I wait for NZQA. I definitely would like our application to be selected in the next draw (got 140 ) any advice?

By the way, I replied to your last PM, but cannot see it in my outbox, hope you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4togo View Post
    I had the same outcome and it obviously is enough for INZ (although there was a reference to my degree on another page). I do not understand what good it is to have a result of degree level comparison if one cannot identify to what they have held it up against.

Besides the NZQA result and original degree and certified translations, I did include a copy of an international copy (english) of my degree from my University which I asked them for.

Good luck and dobre dan!
    Still in the EOI so just a PAR for now, I hope there wont be any complications in the process later

Hvala i dobar dan to you too

Quote Originally Posted by phpalix View Post
    Thanks,

Received one of ours from NZQA, and waiting on the other one (my OH's). I am sure it will be 7 as she graduated from "Sveuciliste ..." I suppose its the same with you

Was wondering, if I should submit the EOI now, or should I wait for NZQA. I definitely would like our application to be selected in the next draw (got 140 ) any advice?

By the way, I replied to your last PM, but cannot see it in my outbox, hope you got it.
    Hi phplix,

you can submit your EOI knowing the PAR results, it will make it easier for you to select which level of qualification is the right one for you. Once you are selected (fingers crossed) you will then receive ITA and then you will need FULL assessment. It usually takes 3-5 weeks for Full assessment to be done so calculate your time. From our experience, once you are selected, do your full assessment because you have 4 mths to return your ITA with all supportive docs (medicals, full nzqa, police certificates etc).
    I did not receive your reply.

Take care and good luck with EOI!

Default Level 6 or Level 7 in PAR

Hi folks,
    i got result of PAR after 4 days which is
    "On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 6 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. "

but i have 4 years degree in hand, i am pretty sure it should be Level 7. i have made a mistake actually, my degree starting and ending date is wrong... the duration on the application is 46months, but it is 49months in actuall...
    what should i do? should i re-apply for PAR with new account? i need 7 atleast inorder to complete my 140 scores...
    can anyone help me out?

I don't think they care about the actual time of study (time spent as student).

In general, and as most of qualification recognition organizations in the world, they measure the diploma level according to the issuing institution rank, as well as the major rank.

For example, I got my degree within 48 months, and they recognized it as level 7, one friend of mine needed about 65 or so months, and his degree will be also level 7, and the same goes for those who graduated in shorter time. My university offers 3 semesters a year, 2 of them are regular, while the third one is given during summer vacation, and some students used to go for it, which in effect allowed them to graduate earlier than the standard 48 months.

In my opinion, check your university accreditation, as not all universities are accepted as the same, I think you will find out that its not high enough to compare to NZ university. Sadly, some universities make the wrong decision by adopting easier courses, not considering the impact of such action of on the recognition of their certificated.

If your diploma says that its a "Bachelor" maybe you should contact your university asking them why it was not recognized as comparable to NZ, I think they should try to investigate the issue and maybe get in contact with NZQA complaining about their levelling.

Good luck.

Hello everybody,
    I have a question. In IQA process , NZQA also access experience or not? they also contact employer ? I am on probation in my job from 2 months , is it ok if I send all previous experience letters except the recent one or it is necessary to send it too. Any one here with MCS degree from NWFP Agricultural university ? plz contact me on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast