Thread: Chinese Cooking Supplies?

Default Chinese Cooking Supplies?

I wonder if anyone on here would know where in NZ one can find restaurant-quality (or close) Chinese cooking supplies? I'm talking woks, steamers, cleavers, ladles, etc. I have done loads of web searches and not come up with anything promising, but surely someone somewhere must have such a store. Any ideas?

There's a couple of asian warehouses in Christchurch. Clare got a steamer from there for our pancakes for our crispy duck

Default If you're in Christchurch

Your best bet would be to look in the chinese stores that sell asian foods. In Christchurch look in Church Corner. Asian Warehouse downtown is own by east indians and probably don't cater as much to chinese cooking as what you would find down Riccarton road.

If you really want restaurant quality, i'm afraid you may have to import yourself because anyone that imports these products will want too much $. I know chinese restaurants that refuse to buy local and import the whole shop and all from China. That is everything from the tiles, desks, chairs, picture frames, etc.. is imported in a 40ft container.

Are you looking for a NZ supplier for you to export to? (Since your location is in China) Or for personal use? I doubt if their are specific NZ websites (i.e. on NZ servers) relating to diverse Chinese Cooking supplies as I have researched for my blogs in the past.

But try advanced Google searches and then navigate to the Wonder Wheel on L/H side...

e.g. Intitle:NZ Chinese Cookware or Site:.co.nz "Chinese Cooking Supplies" or site:.com "NZ Chinese suppliers for cookware" or inurl:.co.nz "Asian cookware"

and variations of those search terms (i.e. use synonyms)

The other way is to search (try online) for NZ based Asian newspapers of which are likely to have advertisements relating to cookware, or the old fashioned phone book. I have personally seen Asian vege suppliers in South Auckland stocked with numerous cooking supplies.