Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Base Salary Vs Package

Default Base Salary Vs Package

Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to check if anyone in NZ knows about the monetary difference between Base Salary & Package. Here in UK package is flat 10% of Base Salary. Any urgent thoughts is much appreciated.

What are you talking about?

An employment package can be made up of so many things on top of base pay.

Are you talking perfromance bonus, or sales bonus, or over time, or shift payments or what.....? (and that's just to name a few)

Here in UK package is flat 10% of Base Salary.
    .....????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Sorry Jan, I should have been more explicit. I work as Business Analyst and have just received an enquiry for my expectations for e.g. here in UK if salary is £45K p.a., the total package is 45K + 4.5K as annual bonus.

On similar basis, what is the general difference between Base salary & total package in New Zealand (keeping in view my line of work). I can only think of performance bonus that's applicable to me or probably relocation expense, anything else that can be considered?

Sorry Jan, I should have been more explicit. I work as Business Analyst and have just received an enquiry for my expectations for e.g. here in UK if salary is £45K p.a., the total package is 45K + 4.5K as annual bonus.

On similar basis, what is the general difference between Base salary & total package in New Zealand (keeping in view my line of work). I can only think of performance bonus that's applicable to me or probably relocation expense, anything else that can be considered?
    What about;

Paid leave
    Health Insurance
    Car and fuel
    Car parking
    Travel loans
    Interest free or cheap loans
    Mobile phones
    Gym memebership
    Pension ....!!!!
    Working from home (phone and broadband)
    Schooling costs
    etc. etc. etc

As for perforamcne bonus - that will depend on the company. In these days when many are taking pay freezes or even cuts any bonus would be good....so I suspect in a non sales job 10% performance bonus would be considered pretty good.

...and when you refer to the UK you are talking about your expereicne or your job becuase not all UK jobs get a 10% perfroamcne bonus you know!

Thanks Jan, this information came in handy. It's my experience in UK about 10% bonus, this year I received about 9.5% as bonus after growing a team of 10 to 35 and heading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Suniel View Post
    Thanks Jan, this information came in handy. It's my experience in UK about 10% bonus, this year I received about 9.5% as bonus after growing a team of 10 to 35 and heading them.
    Coo, I wish I had a package like that!

It must be an industry thing

Yeah Sophie, technology has big bucks but apart from 10% thingy I don't receive any other salary component so there's a bit of compromise and 4% goes to the taxman for sheer persistence , it's all part of the same parcel.

Bonuses can fluctuate a ton! Last year a lot of people I know did not get a salary increase due to the economy, however as compensation we got to keep our jobs! It's very different now from how it is when the economy is booming! Like Jan said, there are all sorts of things that can make up a package and if you work for a free bank, you can count in free banking, too

Thanks mate, I have sent across my expectations last night and waiting for a feedback/negotiation.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Squared View Post
    however as compensation we got to keep our jobs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast