Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book - 'Where to Live in Auckland'

Default Book - 'Where to Live in Auckland'

Hi All,

Just brought this book from http://www.kiwifruitsnzshop.com/

Haven't really had a good chance to look through it yet, that is this afternoons task, but it looks really good.

It was £20.25 inc delivery in the UK. I ordered it yesterday and it came today!

So, if anybody is looking for this book, I'd suggest getting in touch with these folk.

Cheers
    N

We got a copy from Amazon before we left the UK.....excellent book!

When we opened our National Bank account in 2009 they gave us one free, as well as a book about the house purchase process here. Not sure they do it still. They also gave us the new edition in January when we were buying a house

Quote Originally Posted by hosebergine View Post
    When we opened our National Bank account in 2009 they gave us one free, as well as a book about the house purchase process here. Not sure they do it still. They also gave us the new edition in January when we were buying a house
    Damn! Didn't think about trying that

On first read-through it looks to have a great deal of good information on all of the areas in and around Auckland, and for those of you with school age kids, a huge list of schools with their decile ratings.

I am sure that reading this kind of book is supposed to clarify the mind, but we are just getting more and more confused! I suppose the difference will come when we actually arrive and get to drive around etc.

Keep tabs on ebay UK. I picked up a copy for £0.99 plus postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty-Seadog View Post
    Keep tabs on ebay UK. I picked up a copy for £0.99 plus postage.
    I looked, but there was nothing. Also the famed Google didn't find much either, hence when I found the place in London it seemed like a better option than getting it direct from NZ.

I found the average house prices in the Where to Live book pretty scary. Remember that all the houses are different here so prices vary a lot too - not like as in the UK when you all know roughly what your friends houses are worth. Best thing is to have a flick through then hit Trade Me. Oh and some of the commuting times were a bit suspect too ;-) But it is great fun browsing through it. Ours was very quickly covered in post-it notes - enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by hosebergine View Post
    I found the average house prices in the Where to Live book pretty scary. Remember that all the houses are different here so prices vary a lot too - not like as in the UK when you all know roughly what your friends houses are worth. Best thing is to have a flick through then hit Trade Me. Oh and some of the commuting times were a bit suspect too ;-) But it is great fun browsing through it. Ours was very quickly covered in post-it notes - enjoy!
    You are certainly right about house prices

It looks like my OH has got her work cut-out in finding us a place to rent first, then deciding which area to buy in..

So any help would be welcome from those who've been through this process already

Smile

tried Amazon for this yesterday £90 I think not I double checked this and yes it was right, I ended up ordering from NZ direct for £25 in P & P as the Kiwi shop in London had sold out!

£90 I think not
    Oh, some sellers on Amazon (and for different things on eBay) think all the buyers fell off the stupid tree! I'm trying to get the whole collection of some books of music from the early 20th century. So far I've paid £25 for two volumes together, and £12 for one on its own, and am hunting for the other four. I found one listed last week for £75, plus double the postage I paid on the two together - didn't bite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast