Thread: Power convertors and 3 pin plugs

Default Power convertors and 3 pin plugs

Just realised that I don't know what the voltage is at the plug. Although a tip I have is to carry a small power adaptor £12 ish and plug adaptor. Don't fancy doing it for all my appliances though. When I visited some holiday home especially in Europe the owners had changed all the plug sockets to 3 pin which was a real help.

http://www.enz.org/electrical-equipment.html

Here's some basic information, and if you use the Search button on the blue bar above, a lot of old threads will come up about taking electrical equipment to NZ from the UK. (It's not the same for people from the US.)

Brilliant news. it will probably be a case of converting the actual plug socket facias to keep it looking smart.

Quote Originally Posted by gendit View Post
    Brilliant news. it will probably be a case of converting the actual plug socket facias to keep it looking smart.
    Or of course the more logical way of changing the plugs which is cheaper, doesn't result in using non approved electical fittings in the house, and won't of course need changing back before you sell the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Or of course the more logical way of changing the plugs which is cheaper, doesn't result in using non approved electical fittings in the house, and won't of course need changing back before you sell the house.
    Another option for the OP would be to bring over some multi-way sockets from the UK and just change their plugs to NZ ones. This way all the appliances that plug into the multi-ways don't need their plugs changing - especially as it isn't aways possible to change the plug.

Ian

Fully agree, but as they seemed to rate aesthetics highly in their comment I assmed they wouldn't be interested in that.