Thread: 'Coupon Savings'

Default 'Coupon Savings'

I've seen (heard) this mentioned a lot on the ads for one of the supermarkets - but what does it actually mean?

Do I need to have a coupon that I have cut out of a leflet or magazine (not seen any) in order to get that special price?

or does it just mean 'special offer, this price for limited period'?

If its for New World, they have little 'coupon books' that have a coupon card inside it.

You just need to give them this card at the check-out to get the discounts. You can re-use the card every time you shop.

We get the coupon books along with all the junk mail, but you can usually pick one up in the store too.

Countdown have their "One Card" which is a loyalty card - you can sign-up for it online.

You swipe this in the eftpos machine before paying for your shopping in order to get the discounts.

don't know about any coupons you get in the newspapers, haven't seen any here locally like that.

Most supermarkets automatically apply coupon prices at the till, or alternatively when a physical coupon is required the cashier will usually have a spare to swipe if you ask.

They waste lots of trees here making these 'coupon booklets' but they are actually just a book with pictures of products that are discounted at that particular time.

As mentioned above, they might well be a single 'coupon' in the cover of the booklet but the rest of it is a waste of paper.

thanks, both!