Thread: UK Email addresses?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default UK Email addresses?

Hi everyone,

we are T minus 2 weeks until departure and my to do list seems to be getting longer!

I have had a search on the forum and can not find anything about transferring email form the UK to NZ.

I have a .fsnet.co.uk and an .orange.net addresses. I am presuming that when I finish with my BBand and phone provider that my access to these would disappear. If it does carryon working, will I be able to access it in NZ. Is there a way of forwarding all emails to a new address?

Answers would be gratefully received.

Other than that, if anyone knows anyone in the market for my wife's beautiful VW New Beetle cabriolet, let me know!

Back to the to do list!
    Kevin.

I have set up an account with 1and1.co.uk they have an instant mail package for about £16 a year and I registered a "domain name" so I have up to five addresses that I can access from anywhere by webmail or through outlook or thunderbird through my pc.
    I have eddymansions.co.uk. you can have anything if it hasn't been registered before.
    Or for free you can get a gmail or hotmail account.
    If you forward your existing mail it might work for a bit after you stop the account but I wouldn't bet on it!

Whatever you do I'd get on with it and change as many things as you can over to the new address, if you need to change any settings most sites will send a conformation email to your old address that you won't be able to access.

i've been with 1and1 for my website for years now and just continue with them. Works fine. Only odd thing is having a .co.uk email address and the .co.nz domain is a fortune.

We registered a domain with telivo (now LCN.com) and set it so that all mail was forwarded to a webmail account (e.g. hotmail). Whenever we move or change broadband provider we just reset the mail forwarding to a new account, using the old hotmail one as an interim if there's a gap.

I registered my business email (.org.nz) with firstdomain in nz, it's $25 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieBen View Post
    We registered a domain with telivo (now LCN.com) and set it so that all mail was forwarded to a webmail account (e.g. hotmail). Whenever we move or change broadband provider we just reset the mail forwarding to a new account, using the old hotmail one as an interim if there's a gap.

I registered my business email (.org.nz) with firstdomain in nz, it's $25 a year.
    Me too. Registered www.rogercruse.com years ago and have any email address ending in @rogercruse.com forwarded to my gmail account.

We've been using Yahoo as our main email addresses for years, mainly due to this problem

Hope you figure out a solution soon!

Thanks people, have set up a gmail account.

Suggestions:
    • Use some free service like Gmail, and it will be yours forever great service, and security.
    • Register a domain, which should cost less than $10 a year, almost all registrars will give you few email accounts as part of buying the domain with them. This might be limited storage, so just forward all to gmail.

I personally use gmail for my personal stuff, and my company domain for business communications.