Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: container is gone

Default container is gone

After one very long but very exciting day our container has now left the house to start its long journey to New Zealand. We had lots of fun watching the packers pack everything up, and as far as we know no rubbish bags packed! So fingers crossed in a couple of months time we will get everything back in one piece.

I will be in the same position in 3-4 months. Can you tell us which company you used? I am in the middle of discussions with several companies (some of them operating in UK also).
    Thanks and good luck!

Well done upsidedown! An eventful day for you - it must be very real now!!
    Hope to be doing the same early January!! So would also be interested in hearing who you used and how it's gone with container firm
    Best of luck with the rest of your journey

Snap!! Ours went today too!

Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    and as far as we know no rubbish bags packed!
    Luckily we didn't pack any for NZ... but I once moved within the uk and had to have my stuff in storage for 3 months. I was working so got the fully packed service - they packed everything. Including the kitchen and bathroom bins together with their contents. You can imagine what sort of a reception that got after 3 months in storage!

Wishing everyone luck (and their belongings!) for a hassle free and smooth journey over.

Congrats and Good Luck! I'm sure all your things will make it in one piece!!!
    Our movers come on Wednesday next week...I can't believe i'm saying goodbye to our stuff for 53-65 days (mover's quotes)...Bye stuff!!!!

Congrats and good luck with the container.

Mine arrived in Dec 2009 and I had two of my cat ornaments broken out of a 40 ft container, not bad I guess.

Rebecca

I can't say for any one else and I know that it depends greatly on area and the team that you get on the day but we decided after several quotes to go with allied pickfords and to get our own 20ft sole use container even though we only filled 75% of it. The reasons for this were several and long and I won't bore you with all of them.

The main reasons were -
    1. price - they came up cheaper than any of the others. [well fingers crossed, having read some other threads we will report back on that one]
    2. the gentleman who came to do the quote was really helpful, he was prepared to spend the time answering all the questions we had [we got those from another thread on here] and was really friendly unlike some of the others.
    3. They were easy to contact as the process went on both by email and phone and they put your mind at rest really easily.[which they answered quickly]

On the day they turned up on time, were professional and seemed to pack both the boxes and container really well. They even went into the container to check it had no holes and was clean etc.

So overall, so far, we are really happy, they were helpful, polite and didn't cost us the Earth.

Hope this helps, any other more specific questions and we will be happy to answer them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast