Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air freight?

Default Air freight?

Hi All,
    We are going to be leaving the UK mid Oct for Auckland and are thinking about sending a trunk of stuff over ahead of us.
    Has anybody done this before and if so, what are the approx. costs?
    Thanks
    N

We were going to send a box of stuff over from Canada but after looking at the quotes found that the additional baggage fee on Air New Zealand was the cheapest option by a long way. So we packed everything we planned to send in an extra suitcase and paid the fee at the airport. I am not sure if the same would apply from the UK but it is worth checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Millieandme View Post
    We were going to send a box of stuff over from Canada but after looking at the quotes found that the additional baggage fee on Air New Zealand was the cheapest option by a long way. So we packed everything we planned to send in an extra suitcase and paid the fee at the airport. I am not sure if the same would apply from the UK but it is worth checking.
    Thanks, I will find out from the airline

I got quoted about £400 for 60 kilos of air freight, however luckily got it for £200 via a friend in the business.

I went with worldwide parcel services, who offer reasonably good deals on DHL, fed ex etc. Got a 79*59*57 box, 55kgs, and insurance for £750, door to door for £233.

The box went quickly from UK to Auckland airport, several days ago, but got held up at customs. I'd addressed it to my partner who is out there, after 4 days at customs, DHL contacted her with some additional paperwork which i had not received, (unaccompanied personal baggage form i think). This was for the MAF check, which was cleared up in about a day, with an approval from MAF. That is where it currently is, i'll update with the progress if and when it happens.

I got a shipping box from an online retailer called 'davpack'.

Hello and welcome.

Thanks for that.

There was a suggestion for www.sevenseasworldwide.com on a different thread (use "search" function above with keyword "sevensea"s and you will have few threads popping out)
    or this thread might also be useful for more information

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30507

Cheers

Sorry for the delays in getting back with thanks!

As you can imagine we are in overdrive now getting things in place for our move!

Flights now booked for the end October

Quote Originally Posted by pmcg View Post
    I went with worldwide parcel services, who offer reasonably good deals on DHL, fed ex etc. Got a 79*59*57 box, 55kgs, and insurance for £750, door to door for £233.

The box went quickly from UK to Auckland airport, several days ago, but got held up at customs. I'd addressed it to my partner who is out there, after 4 days at customs, DHL contacted her with some additional paperwork which i had not received, (unaccompanied personal baggage form i think). This was for the MAF check, which was cleared up in about a day, with an approval from MAF. That is where it currently is, i'll update with the progress if and when it happens.

I got a shipping box from an online retailer called 'davpack'.
    Did the company collect your parcel? Also, how did you mark-up the packaging with your address etc? Did DHL provide this??

Just looked and it seems like a good service, at a reasonable price.

We are looking to send a trunk out ahead of us with a load of our sons toys and some extra clothes for us!

I have been told £200 - 250 ish for a box by air freight - tempting but so far I consider it non essential. Working on being a donkey laden with as much baggage as is humanly possible through to Auckland when the time comes . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast