Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IPG - Immigration Profiling Group

Default IPG - Immigration Profiling Group

Hi there everyone,
    First time posting. My partner has recently applied for a visitor visa based on partnership to come to NZ with me after our wedding in January 2011. She personally applied at the Dubai branch and was referred to IPG in Wellington due to her being of Syrian origin.

She has heard from the IPG saying it takes 3-4 months for them to process a visa once allocated to a case officer. Has anyone here gone through the IPG process know how long allocation might take?

We were hoping she will get her stuff sorted by our wedding, and we both have our fingers firmly crossed now!

Shaf

Hello and welcome.

Hi Shaf,

It usually takes 3-7 months to get the visitor application allocated to the case officer from a managed queue at the IPG depending on the workload they are having.

Wish you all the best.

Not sure how long it takes, but guessing its a not very fast process.

If you are in NZ, maybe she can come with a visitor visa after your wedding (congrats), and then you wont have to worry about the process speed

By the way, I love Syria, it has a very different atmosphere than any where else I have been to, and people there are very very nice.

IPG was set up in 2005 and currently there are over 23 high risk countries. Minimum time they take is 3 months depending on the level of scrutiny and profile of applicant. No one knows exactly how many staff members they have but somewhere on Internet I read 43 and 1/3rd of them as temperary. Hopefully things will be ok with you as such verifications are more focused on male age between 18-30 so fingers crossed for you.

@ J&M Thanks!

@ phdpr thanks for the info, if it takes 3 months for allocation and a further 4 months to process, looks like we are going our separate ways after the wedding, Have you gone through this timeframe yourself?

@ phpalix it is a visitor visa she has applied now, and it looks liek she has to wait before she can get into NZ on ANY kind of visa.

@ rizjunior thats my only hope mate, i am hoping they will look at her application and say 22 yr old girl, who is syrian by nationality, but never been there, lived in dubai all her life...not a high risk subject...let her pass!! Hoping against hope i guess!!

This is IPG's address, see if it helps writing them and explaining circumstances.

The Manager
    IPG
    Immigration New Zealand
    P O Box 111
    Wellington 6140
    Email: ipg.contact@dol.govt.nz
    Fax: 0064 4 903 3418

Thanks Riz
    Dubai supplied OH with the address already, and she has done an email explaining circumstances...fingers crossed!!

Hi, my partner is from Afghanistan and we have just been through the same process. We applied for the visitor visa in Sep 2008 and was granted it in May of 2009.
    Once he was in NZ he applied for a work permit which was granted in less then 7 days.
    We are currently waiting on his residency, which after 14 months in queue has just been allocated to the case officer.

Good luck.

Mmmbop, thanks...how long did it take you to get a case officer? do you remember?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast