Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunny BOP

Default Sunny BOP

Just thought I would say that I find it crazy that after Jim Hickey (weather man) told me it would rain cats and dogs yesterday that after a downpour in the morning the sun came out and it was 18 degrees in Tauranga.

Before moving back people would say to my wife and I "Why would you want to move to NZ, the weathers the same as here" Yesterday the temp of 18 was prettly close to what was achieve in the UK in the height of summer.

Now it looks like im having a rant and im not, must need some coffee!

The only sad part were the wet socks I get when walking the dog this morning in the long grass!

I'm with you!! I am loving winter in the BoP! Certainly beats ice and snow!

being a volunteer radio op with the coastguard here in Tauranga i was on duty on Saturday pm and the weather forecast (always very reliable)stated that monday afternoon would be nice so i had already arranged my jug of lemonade and ginger wine, ice and a slice and spent the time out on the deck with my book was just a reminder of the warmer weather to come........

I love Tauranga. Nathan and I lived in Papamoa, just minutes from the beach. The area is beautiful, even in winter. I did get sick of rain at times, but I found that I was quickly cured of being sick of it when I drove or walked to the beach to see the ever changing Claude Monet sky. Amazing.

Thanks for that, as I sit looking at the grey damp drizzley Welsh weather it's 16 degrees and this is the height of summer!

Coromandel here I come . . . . . .

We spent last Sunday and Monday in the BoP - mostly north of Tauranga (Katikati). It is STUNNING! Def. want to do whatever we can to be able to live there - any one know of any teaching vacancies in the area??? I am scrolling the edgazette website regularly and know of a few vacancies at the new Papamoa schools...We are even MORE motivated after our visit.

Glad you had a good visit! We live in a neighborhood in Papamoa where the new primary school is going in. I LOVE it here! Two thumbs up for Papamoa!

auskiwi:
    This may not be relevant but there is a position for Principal at a very school in Taurnaga. http://www.beth.school.nz/principal

Just came in from the deck after spending all afternoon reading and enjoying the sunshine. Sure felt a lot warmer than the 15C that the weatherman said it was going to be and my face feels a little warm but not sure that the sun or the wine. l was wearing a hat and sunnies as well as the compulsory sun cream so i did adhere to the slip, slap, slop rule even for the middle of winter...........can recommend the Bay of Plenty...........

Go on make us jealous !

Or perhaps it just confirms my resolve to leave the UK for sunnier climates

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast