Thread: Where to buy bubble wrap?

Question Where to buy bubble wrap?

Hi guys hope you can help me with this question

I'm shipping my stuff with Seven Seas Worldwide from uk to nz, and they provide all the packing materials. They only provide a small amount of bubble wrap which isn't enough for me - anybody have suggestions for where to buy large rolls of bubble wrap in the UK? I've been told Argos but to me the price seems hefty, but i wouldn't have any comparison!

Suggestions would be appreciated!

xx

Try your nearest big storage facility; I've got a unit in Derby with Capital Storage and they also sell packing boxes, bubble wrap etc. No idea how much, but that sort of place must sell it for less than Argos and the like! Google storage units for your area and see what you get!

P

I don't know is this will help as I'm in the US, but when I was selling a bunch of collectibles on Ebay I searched online shipping supply companies for the best price. They sent out rolls and rolls of bubble wrap, "peanuts", boxes, and wrapping paper for a fraction of what I had seen previously.

Hello,
    Not sure how your stuff is actually being sent but when ours was packed to go off in a container, all the breakable things were wrapped in paper and everything arrived absolutely fine. They only used wrapping with a bubble wrap/paper coating for furniture and paintings. Nothing in boxes was actually bubblewrapped. Which was great as the company at this end in NZ could recycle all the paper and cardboard! Do you know about Freecycle? You could perhaps ask on there if people have some they don't need.

i used to get all my bublewrap from wilkinsons if you have one nearby you i would defently try there as it was really cheap for a roll of it
    hope that helps
    good luck with everything

oh i think you can order online with them too but not sure what their postage rates are like

Quote Originally Posted by kara_m View Post
    oh i think you can order online with them too but not sure what their postage rates are like
    Remember though you'd only then need to buy half the amount you need - after all they'll need to wrap it in something to protect it in the post, won't they?