Thread: TV and DVD player from UK to NZ

Default TV and DVD player from UK to NZ

Does anyone know if it's worth bringing Tvs and DVD players from the Uk to NZ? They're certainly not new! Apologies if this has been in any threads previously - had a quick look but couldn't find anything

Old TV's, not worth bothering with unless you going to use it as a "monitor" for your DVD player you take with you. TV system between uk and nz is different on the audio path, so get pics but no sound.

Some newer tvs are able to operate on both systems. I (think!) mine works on both PAL systems.

Steve

hi,
    Another way f doing it to save a bit of money, not having to buy a new tv is to bring it and just get a cheap Video player when you get here and use that as your tv tuner.
    Thats what we did
    Nicola

If the kids have a games machine, it may be worth bringing just for that.
    We had a 1 year old TV so brought that and just used the NZ video to recieve the signal. It means that you can't watch one channel and record another but the TV is so bad here anyway, there is never 2 channels showing decent programs at the same time.
    Within a month you will get sky installed. Then you can record from the TV channels on the video and watch the sky channels at the same time.

Thanks I was worried about taking our TV only 1 year old sounds like it is worth it then

Yep, we have one that ran fine through the DVD player, now we have it hooked up through Sky so can get all the channels too. Worth chuckin gin the container.

Sarah.