Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ants _ everywhere!!!!!

We didn't seem to have many last summer, and they aren't in the kitchen thank goodness!!!
    We did use robocans through last summer, maybe that's what kept them (and the never ending flies) away??
    Thanks for the link to the previous thread, I knew there had been one XX
    I've sealed between the floor and the skirting boards this morning with a clear silicone sealent in the front lounge which is the main room they are in, I don't want to become obsessed, but I'm not taking the sealant back to the garage untill I know all is well!!!!
    I think we need to take a trip to The Warehouse for some robo refills - that's this weeks wages gone!!!

Cath XX

I have nests in the garden and use the gel around their entrance holes which seems to hold them back.........i did find some on the draining board and in the dishwasher which was interesting and they kept coming back but i sprade the inside with Raid and left it for a couple of hours and then did a wash on 70C and we no longer leave plates with anything sweet on them on the draining board and not seen them since

I have the answer!

Diatomaceous Earth could be worth a try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatoma...h#Pest_control, another link explaining its use: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...430022194.html (good posts a bit further down in this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by L00pback View Post
    Ants aren't the biggest problem, just wait until the Uncles turn up

Alan
    Ummmmm, not there yet but you are scaring me. What are Uncles?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickfin View Post
    Ummmmm, not there yet but you are scaring me. What are Uncles?
    They are relatives - play on the word aunt.....

Alan

Ha ha. Very funny! Leave it to me to not get it. I can be so blonde! My OH is freaking me out about the size of some bugs there. I cant think of the name but there is supposedly some HUGE bug that can even mess with your cars windshield wipers etc. He showed me a picture of it on a board on a walk way it was the same width as the board! I am generally not a baby about insects but truely the only thing that freaks me out and causes great anxiety is spiders! I can take a snake no problem but a sneaky, crawly, silent hideous spider will cause me to freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow View Post
    I have the answer!

Awwwww!!! I stole this to put on my FB page.

the only thing that freaks me out and causes great anxiety is spiders! I can take a snake no problem but a sneaky, crawly, silent hideous spider will cause me to freak out.
    I'm the same way. Have you searched old threads for bugs/spiders? Forewarned is forearmed but still disturbing. No worries on the snake front in NZ.

There are hardly any spiders in NZ that are any harm to humans (and even then, no threat to life). Whenever this topic comes up on the boards, there are always big reactions from people who have a spider phobia, and I always wonder - with it being such a waste of pleasure in life to fear something that is no threat to you, why not get some help to sort out your reaction? Excuse me, Mickfin, for taking you as an example here. "Sneaky, crawly, silent, hideous" - the only one that's actually so is 'silent', with the others all being attributes projected from inside you. You'd be SO much more comfortable without them. (((())))

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    There are hardly any spiders in NZ that are any harm to humans (and even then, no threat to life). Whenever this topic comes up on the boards, there are always big reactions from people who have a spider phobia, and I always wonder - with it being such a waste of pleasure in life to fear something that is no threat to you, why not get some help to sort out your reaction? Excuse me, Mickfin, for taking you as an example here. "Sneaky, crawly, silent, hideous" - the only one that's actually so is 'silent', with the others all being attributes projected from inside you. You'd be SO much more comfortable without them. (((())))
    For me it started with a fear of the harmful scary ones (black widows) and elevated into fear/revulsion of all. I've gotten way better, daddy long legs (cellar spiders) don't bother me at all any more. Maybe this will fade in NZ...they will still have to stay outside though! I hate getting bit and any I even suspect want to bite me in my sleep are getting the shoe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast