Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ants _ everywhere!!!!!

Default Ants _ everywhere!!!!!

I know that this was discussed some time ago, I can't remember to what extent but please, I need help.
    We have ants. There are several nests in the garden, and they're also under the house and on the veranda and they are in the housae upstairs as well as down.
    We have used the ant gel and liquid - they love the stuff!!! We find a few dead around the gel, but they keep coming back for more and more.
    We were told by a good friend that they don't like salt and won't cross a salt line - tried it, great, worked, but the buggers have found a different way in!!! We got home this afternoon to find them coming through a small gap in the windowsill, walking across the wall, down the door frame to get at the gel!!!
    The only conselation is that they don't cause any damage.
    Any sugestions short of burning the hjouse down or moving would be very very gratefull

Cath XX

Sounds so familiar!! We (ie OH) sprayed all around the window/door frames and have put bait on the drainpipe where we think there is a nest coming from the roof. We also think there are at least 2 other nests in/around the walls. feel like we have been feeding the ants for weeks now. There aren't as many around but I think they are just resting up - we keep finding dead ants on the windowsills and carpet.

We cleared a lot of the trees/shrubs that were close up against the house in the hope this would minimise them getting in. It also looks like a lot of the seals on our windows have degraded and that this is how they are getting in, as well as through the odd crack/joins.

I've been told they don't like dettol, so we are wiping down the surfaces with dettol. Not sure what else we can do to get rid of them, so hopefully some suggestions will come this way. Not sure I'd cope if they arrive enmass for the summer!!

We've got a few in our kitchen. I use bleach spray to kill them. But that doesn't get to the source of the problem.

We used a Robocan - it worked brilliantly. We could tell when it ran out because the ants started coming in again!

Our house was INFESTED when we moved in and I got rid of them using antpowder outside where they were coming in and simultaneously keeping surfaces really clean (just hot water and washing up liquid works) and all packets clipped shut and cupboards crumb free and hoovering the kitchen floor regularly. Put jam, honey etc in the fridge- lid on isn't enough.

Ants aren't the biggest problem, just wait until the Uncles turn up

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by L00pback View Post
    Ants aren't the biggest problem, just wait until the Uncles turn up

if the 'uncles' look anything like cockroaches, they already arrived!!

Every time a fill a hole or crack they are comign thru they find another one...anyone tried the ants in your pants stuff from wet and forget?

You really need to get rid of the nests to get rid of your ant problem. We got invaded by ants in our first rental. Hopefully these old threads of mine might help you

http://www.enz.org/forum/newreply.ph...ote=1&p=368888

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....highlight=ants

Honestly given the size of your problem I would call in a proffesional.

Most home remedies are at best stop gaps, and with home spraying it is difficult to get the doses right.

Rather than live with the issue....get a 'man in a van with a big CAN'

BTW it's winter so if it's a problem now....wait a few weeks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast