Thread: Student Visa to PR?

Default Student Visa to PR?

Hi everyone! I am a newbie here. I would like to ask if there is a chance for a telecom company to hire a student (for part-time) holding a student visa?.... If not, if a student will be given a job offer from a telco company could he/she immediately stop his/her studies to apply for a work permit? Please advise. Thanks!

Hello and welcome.

I know that some student permits allow a certain number of hours of part-time work per week - you'd need to check to see what is the case for yours. I think it depends on how long your course is, what is permitted. I don't know about your other questions.

Default Thanks

Thanks sir! But 1 more thing. Is it ok to stop my studies there if a company will issue a working permit for me? thanks1

Default HEy!

Hey Sweety!

Not sure you could do so as Work Permit aint given by the emploer but by the Immigration office. You yourself would have to apply for a work permit if you were given a job offer by an employer in NZ, your employer couldn't do so.

Well : as far as your question is concerned , I aint sure about it.... You may have to look-up at NZ immigration site and may be writing'em an email will be the best option.

PS: According to me it would be kinda hard for you to get a work permit snactioned while you already are on study permit since you aint supposed to be applying for jobs during your study. Again, it could be possible though, I aint fully sure , it's just my opinion on it.

All the very best ,
    Cheers,
    Saurabh...

Thanks sir!