Thread: Flights booked :)

Default Flights booked :)

So, we are now actually booked onto flights leaving the UK on 18 October for Auckland

We are going to spend 4 nights in Singapore on route to help break up the journey as I am really not looking forwards to being on the plane with our 20 month old! He's into everything!

Jobs in place, accommodation is being provided on arrival, until our stuff arrives, so just finalising the shipping of our furniture and animals (dog & cat), sell the house and we are good to go

I've been thinking of buying a few new things to chuck into the container, such as Laptop, sofa etc, as I understand these can be expensive in NZ..

Anybody done/doing this as well?? And what's the market like for these things in Auckland?

Congratulations. You sound like the most organised person I've ever head of.

Others will know better, but I believe you want any new items to become "used" before they go. Remove tags, sit on couch, add files to computer, etc. to avoid GST. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck on the flight. Flying with kids (esp international) is a nightmare. Bring extra nappys and wipes in case of delays, and LOTS of toys.

Quote Originally Posted by SueDonim View Post
    Good luck on the flight. Flying with kids (esp international) is a nightmare. Bring extra nappys and wipes in case of delays, and LOTS of toys.
    I just know that I am going to age a lot during the week of travel!

Thanks for the info. on GST. I had seen this today somewhere else, so have to make sure we 'use' the items first!

Good luck . . . sounds like you might need it - travelling with a wriggly rug rat : )

We rubbed fabric conditioner and washing powder round the trays and drum of our new washing machine. Left the new garden furniture erected on the patio for a week too!

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    We rubbed fabric conditioner and washing powder round the trays and drum of our new washing machine. Left the new garden furniture erected on the patio for a week too!
    Love that! Excellent