Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NZ vs. Australia

Quote Originally Posted by sidharthd View Post
    Guys, you are scaring me with all that spidey talk to a mild arachnophobic guy heading to OZ.

Do these things kill people?
    Don't worry too much, you'll probably see more in the zoo!

a guy following you at night is probably more dangerous... :P

Go Go Go NZ .....

Quote Originally Posted by ykkee View Post
    a guy following you at night is probably more dangerous... :P

Too true!

Don't worry too much...cause if you do get bit by anything bad. They wait to see if they think the venom is going to kill you before they give you the anti-venom (cause it might kill you too).
    Last edited by Addicted to NZ; 18th August 2010 at 01:20 AM.

Guys, you are scaring me with all that spidey talk to a mild arachnophobic guy heading to OZ.

You really made up my day with your comment

Thank you all for the replies, how about the talks about that people get to NZ to end up in Australia?
    How about job availability in Australia compared to NZ?
    As for prices of housing, I made some online search, and I think that decent houses prices are almost the same in both countries, which should give OZ advantage because of the higher income.

When you guys mention significantly higher salaries in OZ, how significant is that in percentage?

Only cats, dogs, and small children. I wouldn't worry about it.

I will say this about Oz from when I was there compared to where I live now. When I was in Oz (Perth area) we really had to go into the outback to see anything; in town the biggest thing you had to worry about was maybe a sea snake but that was in the water... I'll take a docile sea snake over a white any day.

Now, I live in coastal region of Nosara, Costa Rica. And we have snakes. I have seen so far (we've been here now for about 6 weeks) close to 100 different vipers and about 30 corals (total snakes, not species). The corals concern me but are not aggressive whatsoever... heck they will beat their tails against the leaves and brush just to let you know they are there.

The vipers are more concerning because of the Bushmaster & the fer De lance. We have a lot of Bushies in the area but thankfully not that many Terciopelo's (FDL's). The biggest thing we are concerned about are the bugs and this proves true to Oz as well. The most aggressive snake is naturally docile around humans; bugs like scorpions, centipedes, caterpillars, spiders & millipedes are the real pain.

(Although there is quite nothing like a cayman estuary with 20 or so 3m caymans out sunning themselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSaxon View Post
    I will say this about Oz from when I was there compared to where I live now.
    If its not personal, would you be so kind and explain why you left OZ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast