Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is 120 points enough for PR?

Smile Is 120 points enough for PR?

Hi again guys,

My wife and I are just about to submit our EOI. We have claimed 120 points - do you think that'll be enough to get selected from the pool?

Thanks,

John and Desiree

Is that with or without bonus points?
    with: very possible
    without: there's a chance that you will get pulled by the end of the year. There are more applicants this year combined with a lower number of EOIs pulled and they haven't started pulling the lower numbers yet.

I'm not really sure what the bonus points are?

Our points breakdown is:
    Identity: 30
    Skilled employment: 50
    Recognised work experience: 20
    Partner skilled employment: 20

What you think?

Thanks,

John

If you have a job offer or an actual job then 120 will do. well it did for me

wow mate, your process was lightning fast!
    Can you give me any tips on how to speed it up?

Thanks,

its not all about the points tho.... Your current skilled employment (check skilled employments definition on NZI website ) must be matching the qualifications you have.

However, a skilled employment won't be skilled SKILLED with no qualifications >> better your profession description & duties as mentioned in the ANZSCO, there you can check the required qualification for your profession . I some situations a 2-3 years recognized experience might substitute for the formal qualifications. check the link

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....201&num=&view=

As per my experience there is no skilled employment without a formal qualifications, but some exceptions apply .. If you are not sure about better you go with an immigration advisor who will help you for pre-assessment.

Cheers
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by scottishkiwi View Post
    I'm not really sure what the bonus points are?

Our points breakdown is:
    Identity: 30
    Skilled employment: 50
    Recognised work experience: 20
    Partner skilled employment: 20

What you think?

Thanks,

John
    Are you saying your partner has an NZ job offer or that (s)he has 20pts for a qualification? If it's the former, job offers expedite the process and if it's a job on the LTSSL you should consider your partner as the primary applicant to get more points and expedite the process.
    If it's the later, we're in the same boat and we hope to be pulled by the end of the year. Last year they were pulling our level in Sept, but I'm not confident that it will happen that soon this year (if at all)
    You may want to check to see on the points indicator if you qualify for bonus points in the "absolute skills shortage" category.

"This is not intended as immigration advice nor should these opinions be taken as fact"

Quote Originally Posted by Ana&Steve View Post
    "This is not intended as immigration advice nor should these opinions be taken as fact"

My employment was classed as skilled with no qualifications, just 15 years experience. I could not claim for LTSSL bonus points though without quals.

We're not claming for qualifications as we've been told they aren't transferable to NZ. We are just claiming experience. I have at least 8 years and my wife has the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast