Thread: Car dealers in Auckland?

Default Car dealers in Auckland?

Hi All,

I've been looking on Trademe for second-hand cars in the Auckland area, to get a feel for the type and quality of car on offer for c.$20k, preferable a 4x4.

Does anybody have any recommendations of local dealers etc as it seems that there are quite a large number in the area.

Hi Noodles
    having just spent the last 3 days looking for 2 cars I think I can say I have seen everything, your budget is healthy but you need to be picky we wanted an Airtrek and a civic did not buy either as everything we looked at was ropey.
    We ended up after viewing something like 200 cars and our geography of Auckland has improved in Botany Downs at Buy Right Cars they have 4 branches at Panmure, Botany, manaku and Papatoetoe. There are several wholesale dealershios which are usually big car parks with cars crammed into a big lot that you can not even get round the car let alone test drive.
    Hope this helps
    Jane

Thanks Janey,
    Any recommendations/places to avoid, in terms of service, choice and quality?
    This will be a car for my wife and our 20 month old, so want to make sure it's safe etc..

Smile

yes but not sure who if i can post their names there are a couple of 'wholesale' dealers which prices look attractive when we visted their yards the cars looked like they had sat for 6 months the one you want is at the back hemmed in by 20 other cars and no room between to even walk to. With your kind of budget you may be able to get what you want from a main dealer, we had just over your budget for 2 cars!
    Toyota in Albany North shore seem to have a large dealership with all price ranges the lot is huge, the main dealerships like the UK tend to be grouped together so viewing a number of vehicles is easy.