Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 year post

Happy 2 years Carey! We'd only known you about 2 days when we decided to move in with you for 3 months, so I feel like I've been part of your journey!

PS Fancy an anniversary lunch at ours this w/e? Kanga too if she's not snowed under with assignments.

Another uplifting post from a member who has lived for awhile in NZ! It pleases me to hear from people who have made the most of living in NZ and were pretty realistic about their expectations before they made the move.

I have promised myself, my family, and my friends that I will make the most of the move and will choose to live happily when the move comes about. It's up to each of us to make the decision to be happy, or to make the decision to be miserable. I choose to be happy wherever I am...life's too short not to be.

Great to hear that things have gone so well. GOod luck with the teacher training Mr C.

sounds like you have settled well!

Happy 2 years and a great post Carey, so pleased the move has worked well for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by magcats View Post
    Another uplifting post from a member who has lived for awhile in NZ! It pleases me to hear from people who have made the most of living in NZ and were pretty realistic about their expectations before they made the move.

I have promised myself, my family, and my friends that I will make the most of the move and will choose to live happily when the move comes about. It's up to each of us to make the decision to be happy, or to make the decision to be miserable. I choose to be happy wherever I am...life's too short not to be.
    This is a great attitude to have and I'm sure it will really help.

However, please keep in mind that for those people who were not able to remain in NZ, whether it be through homesickness or financial difficulties, they did not 'choose' to be miserable. Life sometimes doesn't go according to plan no matter how much research you do or however realistic your expectations are. To come away from the experience with a positive attitude and a view of having tried I think is more important without others making a judgement that you havebnot having tried hard enough (although I am sure that is not what you intended to say).

I really hope the move works well for you but would say proceed with caution in terms of what you think you are going to feel. Nothing can prepare you completely for such a big move, irrespective of whether it turns out as you intended or not.

Cheers,

L

Thanks so much. Just what I needed right now as the whole (lengthy) process is starting to wear us down a bit. Very inspiring report.

Wishing you al lifetime of sunny days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12