Thread: Is there a minimum salary required for PR?

Question Is there a minimum salary required for PR?

Hi guys, I am sure I read somewhere that to apply for PR with a job offer, the job salary had to be a minimum $60,000 and a 12 month contract. I cant seem to find this information anywhere, even on the official immigration site. Did I just make this up? and also, would the employer have to prove that they couldnt find someone in NZ to fill the position? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PR, no. You don't need any job offer, or to ever work. Unless you claim points for a job, in which case you'll almost certainly have to work 3 months in that specific job, and as it will be on the skills shortage list then it's already been proven (in policy terms) that there's a skill shortage.

Work To Residency, yes, although IIRC it's $55k, although that may have gone up I suppose to cover inflation.

Hi,

I am sure that the more learned will give advice on this, but it's worth checking these links for more info:

http://www.broadbaseimmigration.co.u...land-visa.html

and,

http://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/res...olicy~237.html

Good luck

Duncan, you beat me to it !

Thanks people, u are all so helpful. Thought I was relatively intelligent till I started down this path of trying to move to NZ! I meet confusion at every corner! Please could you tell me what IIRC means? Somewhat of a newbie! (Can u tell?) Great profile pics by the way!

Yup, it's at least $55k minimum for WTR. Best go for a full time permanent position or if contract - at least 12mths+. A friend of mine (WTR) had a rolling 6mths working contract and was still refused PR upon reassessment, only a renewed work visa.

IIRC = if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    PR, no. You don't need any job offer, or to ever work. Unless you claim points for a job, in which case you'll almost certainly have to work 3 months in that specific job, and as it will be on the skills shortage list then it's already been proven (in policy terms) that there's a skill shortage.

Work To Residency, yes, although IIRC it's $55k, although that may have gone up I suppose to cover inflation.

I would just like to add it's not 55k for all professions I think if it's on the LTSS it is less. When I got my work to residency back in January I was only on a 52k salary. I know the lady at the desk had to go check (and almost gave me a heart attack) but all was good.

I would like to say though thank goodness for pay rises and promotions ha!