Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aukland CBD Hotel

Default Aukland CBD Hotel

Looking for a decent hotel in the CBD for a weekend trip. Looking around the $200 a night.

So far Rendezvous or the Sebel are possibles.

If you don't mind being a few miles south of CBD (in Remuera, about a 20 minute commute in rush hour), I can recommend Omahu Lodge, a 4 room B&B. It is excellent (#1 B&B in South Pacific per TripAdvisor), with Singles between $160-200. I stayed for 1 1/2 weeks last years. Hosts (and breakfasts) are excellent.

http://www.omahulodge.co.nz

Thanks for that. Will be very useful in the future, but this time we were wanting walking distance to CBD.

ive stayed at citylife a few times and found it to be cool. especially as the co were paying for it! but honestly, its good value, well equipped and in CBD

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    Looking for a decent hotel in the CBD for a weekend trip. Looking around the $200 a night.

So far Rendezvous or the Sebel are possibles.
    City Life, Heritage and Sky City are all good hotels to stay in and all can be under $200 per night if you book a late deal.

Ian

This is another non-CBD suggestion - the Esplanade Hotel in Devonport:

http://www.esplanadehotel.co.nz/index.html

It's just a short ferry ride to the CBD from opposite your hotel with views of the harbour, etc.

The Spencer on Byron is lovely on the North Shore, especially if you can get a weekend deal on one of their suites.

For walking distance in the CBD I've stayed at the Rendezvous which is nice but I've been led to believe that the Heritage is nicer (although I've never actually stayed there myself).

Have you tried wotif.com?

I recently had a night in the Hilton for $150 through WOTIF. We were then able to upgrade to a seaview room at check in for another $50. It was the mystery hotel (you can work out in advance which hotel the mystery hotel is by comparing the room features listed to the other named hotels in the list). The Hilton is far superior to any of the other CBD hotels by the way - a really special location on the wharf and it feels very luxurious and special, but really relaxed at the same time. WOTIF is definitely the way to go for hotels in Auckland.

EDIT - at 13:45 on Wednesday, the Hilton is still the mystery hotel on WOTIF. A bit more expensive than when we did it, but $160 a night next weekend for example. (If you don't believe me, compare the "Wot Hotel" room features to the those of a Hilton "Guest Room".)
    Last edited by bluesky; 25th August 2010 at 02:49 PM.

Oh, the Langham Hotel does look nice. Haven't stayed there, but would like to. I should add I don't know Auckland at all, so don't know if the Langham is in/near the CBD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast