Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: well what a long one that was, 1 year and 2 months later

Default well what a long one that was, 1 year and 2 months later

We are back, and back in beautiful Omokoroa, got a beautiful rental with views over the harbour, boat club and the mount.

Feels good to be back, truly it does.

Firat question, my 4 year old would have been due to start school in a couple of weeks and is so ready now, is there any negotiation with schools out here with trying to get them started a bit earlier?

Welcome back
    I wish there was some negotiation as my DD was ready a long time ago but doesn't start till next term, as far as I know & reading the website it's the Monday after their 5th Birthday up to age 6, not sure you coud change that but it would never hurt to ask

welcome back walshy!

Hey, hello to a new almost local.

Lovely over there, we stayed at the campsite when were here on the recce.

Quote Originally Posted by walshy View Post
    Firat question, my 4 year old would have been due to start school in a couple of weeks and is so ready now, is there any negotiation with schools out here with trying to get them started a bit earlier?
    Not in a state school, no. I know a few people who have tried mainly due to timing issues, and were actually told that it is against the law.

Private schools are different, they may take them beforehand.

Welcome back

Daniela

Welcome home

Welcome back fellow ping ponger! we have now been back on NZ soil18 days and it feels like we have never been away although we are now in a different city! wishing you and your family future happiness
    regards
    Jane

Hi

We are also thinking of returning to tauranga ( we left 2003). Good luck and looking forward to hearing how you get on. Glad it feels so good to be back.

I to am another pingpong pom, back exactly 1yr on Sunday, all I can say is it going really well for the four of us, kids very settled at school, OH started a 6wk contract 11 months ago which is excellent. We are just about to start a major renovation on our house which will be challenging. The winter wasn't too bad, bought heaters and thought stuff the power bill I will be warm this time. Miss friends, decent curry and crispy fried duck, but living 2mins from beach, having a hubby whose commute is 30mins a day rather than 4hrs more than makes up for it. NZ feels like home now

Welcome back Walshy!
    No negotiation on starting school early but good kindy's do heaps of fantastic stuff. Not necessarily formal learning but fun investiagations, social skill activities etc, etc, there's no rush getting into the reading and writing; after all they can have 13 years at school!

Let your child be a child and have fun! And if they are 'teaching' themselves to read and write, just offer them the tools to do it with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast